Shellharbour 2019

reddo

Re: Shellharbour 2019

Post by reddo »

Dateline : Tuesday 15th October .. its arvo... car is packed ... freshly renamed van hooked up.. Use to be called "Ward 13" but has been rechristened ... "Chamber of Farts"... and god bless all who may flail in her!!
The whole shootin match should touch down on sacred dung mound 44N around lunchtime. I plan to get in early to watch the reversing efforts of those arriving later....difficult to judge "worzt Reverza shellharbour 2019 " if some have snuck in early to avoid observation.

Cakemaking classes have finished at No:16... the lessons went off in leaps and bounds.... i say that because thats what i had to do to avoid getting hit with mixing bowl and stirring spoon. However... I feel i am now at level 3 and stand a good chance of coming ..........15th on the day.

catch up soon.

Red- icing
Tooleyau

Post by Tooleyau »

jubbard wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:09 pm
For our Saturday afternoon entertainment this year Sue suggested we all make a cake or a slice with Arnotts biscuits as one of the ingredients . These delicious treats will be judged by a panel of unbiased judges ( if I can find any ), and then consumed for afternoon tea . Any other suggestions for ideas to keep us entertained greatly appreciated, the card making was lots of fun last year .

Jude & Geoff
May I make a suggestion.
As the vintage caravan movement started as a group of people who did not want to have a club. Ie no office holders, no awards etc.

Why are we then having a competition about cooking. Why not just have an afternoon tea based around a theme. This year is Arnott's biscuits .

No other vintage caravan weekend away has any competitions. (Except Bridgewater which has a voluntary trivia competition)

If you remove the competion component then that way we all enjoy a good snack, no one gets miffed because they missed out on an award, and the stress of competition is removed. The bottom line is that we are wanting a stress free weekend with friends (and beer).

Thoughts please.

Michael
Last edited by Tooleyau on Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Only Reddo gets miffed and I feel that is a good thing. :D :D :D :D :D

PSK.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All..

I didnt think there was an issue with the cake comp??...I had a go .. and made a mess of it.. but WTF i had a good time and a laugh..... It was clearly voluntary. and if anyone felt they would be under pressure to deliver a cake, then they didnt have to participate...Simple as that... We are all adults , and the whole idea was to create a bit of commeraderie and bring people together on the saturday arvo... for a laugh and ... for some.. a "meet and greet".. which i thought was good thing. plus the added bonus of getting to eat the entries after the judges had Hogged into them... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I did notice a lot of people sitting around in seperate groups around the park near their vans over the 4 days i was there ( partly because of the strong winds threatening to demolish their annexes i guess)

Without things like the sausage sizzle put on by the park managers on friday arvo ( and we thank them for that) and the cake comp on saturday arvo there wasnt anything else that drew us all together....so ... both events where a great idea... should be more of it.

The main attraction of these weekends away is the vans... closely followed by catching up with people who have become great friends because of our hobby. The biggest plus about the hobby / life style is it isnt an event where vans are judged and we arent subjected to the pressures that can often be experienced when attending other motoring related events ... the vans arent judged , ... the people arent judged ... thats all the ingredients ya need to cook up a great weekend.

Despite the breezy days and constant buffeting by the wind of an arvo... i Had a ball. Big thank you to Jude for working with the Park managers and getting all our sites organised. Big thank you to Geoff for M/Cing the cakeoff comp. reminds me of his efforts at the old Coledale auctions..his humor is infectious

.Will post a stack of photos.. once my camera decides to play the game and allow the photos to flow through the damaged adaptor outlet and into the computer. looks like i might have to buy a new camera...

Reddo.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Also read..
"No other vintage caravan weekend away has any competitions. (Except Bridgewater which has a voluntary trivia competition)"

Murrurundi.. voluntary...Kazoo Komp.
Muirrurundi ... Voluntary Christmas lights van display .
The tours.. voluntary ...Damper comps
Stockton Beach,...voluntary..... local sites trivia night
Coledale Surf Club.. Voluntary Fancy dress Warlocks and Witches / Karioki night
Coledale... Voluntary Billy Cart Derby

Aaaaahhhh... the memories.
Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Her3es a whole lotta happy snaps from Shellharbour 2019...
No particular order and .. i hope i havent missed any of the 27 vans....
As usual it will be 3 photos per post .. so stick with me .. either you or your van will make an appearance at some stage..
DSCN7433.JPG
DSCN7436.JPG
DSCN7437.JPG
reddo

Post by reddo »

DSCN7438.JPG
DSCN7439.JPG
DSCN7440.JPG
reddo

Post by reddo »