Easter in February in Stocton

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
reddo

Re: Easter in February in Stocton

Post by reddo »

Hiya Dr Phill D. Bitemagnet

Please go to "Board Index" then scoll down to "Bits n pieces".. Thats .. bits n pieces ... NOT .. bites n pieces.
I have just started a topic called "VE V6 Commodore Blues.".

A great little bedtime story you can share with the kiddys. ;)
Enjoy
We will now return you to Stockton transmission.

Reddo..
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yo..
Got a call out to work at Stockton yesterday. So... while in the neighbourhood i dropped in at the van park to check out the new Camp Kitchen... wooooooooooooooooow. :shock: :shock:
Its more like a camp manison.. a very far cry from the wet and windy old pavillion that use to be there ... its huge .. and probably the flashest Camp kitchen i have seen in my years of vanning
2 seperate areas under the same roof. Polished timer floors.. lounges .. pool table.. arcade games and a stack of aluminium 4 seater tables scattered throughout the area... kitchen ajoins this area with about 4 X electric - 4 element stoves with ovens... massive staino bench tops with jugs and toaster etc all the way around 2 walls. The only thing i could fault was the gas BBQs .. only 2 of them .. about 1 metre square sitting about 3 metres apart in the middle of the kitchen..... no where to sit your goodies beside the cook plates.???
So... i suppose if ya dont get in early at meal cook up times ya better bring your fry pan to use on the electric hotplates.
I might be blind and have missed something :roll: :?: but i had a good look around and couldnt see any other gas BBQs in there??.

I dropped in at the office just to say hello and confirm my booking on 108. Turns out i have been moved to 111. No big deal... i suppose whoever is on 107 and 109 know me and have lodged a formal complaint and had me evicted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

111 is in the street behind the other vans.. it has its good points.. The annexe will be on the east side facing the ocean and get the morning sun. .. and will be shaded in the arvo if we get hot weather... HOT WEATHER.. STOCKTON.....???.. We wish !!!!

Cheers
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

With the beaut camp kitchen we might be able to have cooking classes.
We could make. Ourtouring pasties, vintagevan cup cakes , What about a Supalite damper or a nice big Carapark casserole. My favourite Homemade Scones washed down with a Don Perigon.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just imagine the mess we could make with a 16ft Double yoker... One hellova omlette 8-)
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Good morning Girls and Boys, Well done all of you that have booked. It is not long now before the Stockton get together and you have the chance to have the pleasure of Mrs Pam, Mr John and young master Rattcliffe`s company, how lucky are you?? So if you have not booked, chop, chop. After turning down channel 10s I`m a Celebrity we will have as a special guest The purveyor of ply, The connoisseur of couplings, The harvester of hatches and a whole of A frames the one and only founder of Reddotell Industries.

Definitely an event not to be missed.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

:x :x :x

Who says i'm a celery ???

I hope this cycle of temps between 37 and 41 on the coast here in Newcastle over the past few weeks is broken before this event... heard on the radio the other day that sea temps are expected to reach 26 degrees later this week.... warm currents coming down from up north...
Hmmmmm.. lotsa sharks probably coming with it.

There is an olympic pool right next door to the van park if ya feel like a dip and dont wanna take your chances with the biteys in the salt water :roll: :?

Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

I'm aghast that I will be unable to attend John, but here's hoping the heat relents for the event. I understand reddotel industries has a towcar going cheap but you have to visit his home base to see it. Rumour has it that it might not make the 5k trip from home to stocktons with the van on the back
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Dateline 2014 ... or was it 15??

Somewhere up in the wilds between Omeo and Colac Colac on the tour...
2 hours of brutal punishment from what is best described as a maintaned forest trail... one minute blinding dust.. next minute wet and slippery clay...
Yet on we pushed... the further the EH panno went the better it behaved..50 became 60 .. 60 became 70.. drifting the supalite through the corners like a super modified sprint car..
But wait.....
Whats this off in the distance..
Lotsa steam bellowing up into the forest sky :shock:
Is it a geyser??
Is it a traction engine??
A steam powered saw mill gone haywire.??

A jittery object appears from the steam..
Its Jennison with his boiling WB top of the line statesman...with bottom of the line busted radiator hose :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I instantly think... must stop and help old mate....but no.. wait !!!
Then i fast forward... crystal ball forward to January 19th 2017....

Jenno is dumping a bucket load of excrement over me for owning a late model Holden... :( :roll: :(

Fast rewind back to 2014.. here i am back in the panno with supalite on... Hmmmm.. back 2 gears to slow and settle the dust for the poor suffering creature.. then put the foot down.. bip and wave bye bye.

Geez i musta known that kharma would catch up with me.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got it figured Jeff.. ya musta had a VE commodore radiator in it !!!!.. Jist didnt build em in 1984 like they did in 64 aye mate.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its your turn now. ;) :mrgreen:

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

I thought when I read the first paragraph there was a ship wreck in Newcastle.
:D :D :D :D :D
Then I read the next .

Confirmed. :D :D :D :D :D :D
jennison

Post by jennison »

Touché John and Reddo:D :lol:
I'll just have to look forward to the April reddorebel autumn tour
PS new hoses throughout the Stato(a tad short of 400,000k with original motor and box now so probably about time) here's hoping there's no repeat of that one!
I'll stick to gas power for that trip!
Regards
jenno
PS don't ask about the WB yoot though...picked up a load of road base the other day to patch the road into my place and the idiot loader operator dropped it in from about 5 feet up way too too hard, got half way home and some thing passed me....looked like my back wheel...... broken axle :x :x :roll: :shock: fortunately I have a spare slippery salisbury diff in the shed just gotta find the time to whack it in :shock: