A Touring We Go

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
BONDY

A Touring We Go

Post by BONDY »

Hi Gang , as some of you may allready know, we are about to take off with the EH and Supalite van on a trip that will take us god know's where and will take us god knows how long :shock: allthough we have set a six month minimum. Hopefully we'll be outa here within the month, leaving Moruya and heading towards Cowra (friends) then Tamworth (50th bithday :D ) then :roll: who knows where - i once heard a couple say that they never plan the following day till they've had breaky, sounds good to me.
We are pretty well organised at this point, but it's been a BIG job in getting things organised, and we still have a bit to do :roll:
Berry next week will be a trial run to sort a few things out, car and van have had a few allterations - so all's going to :D plan. Will post photo's as time gets closer
kingy
Richard

Re: A Touring We Go

Post by Richard »

Hi Kingy.
Congradulations on the trip. I just dont understand tho, arent you too young to retire. :D :D
I couldnt think of anything better than cruising aroung this big country of ours in an early Holden with a vintage caravan in tow.
Ill see you next week anyway.
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

You pair dont know how Jealous i am..... I hate ya's.
:idea: If i promise to sit quietly in the back of the EH can i come too. :lol:
Ya know how hopeless Mez is at readin maps Kingy ;) Ya wouldnt wanna get off the beatin track now would ya. :?

Reddo
BONDY

Post by BONDY »

Your right Richard, i am too young to retire :( so will pick up a little work here and there to get us by - Mez is a hairdresser, she can always do a little in parks
I've a few tickets for machinery,and can always go back to truck driving which i did for nearly 30 years - i'll have a go at anything actually, something different
Allthough we'll be away at least six months, we both want it to go on a lot longer than that - and hopefully it will
Kingy
BONDY

Post by BONDY »

Reddo, Mez said you can''sit quitely in the back seat'' ---- If you really want too :lol: :lol: :lol:
Picture 2727.jpg
reddo

Post by reddo »

:lol:

Sounds like a done deal then Kingy. :mrgreen:

Ummmmm... I am a bit concerned about sharing the "seat" with a 10KG gas bottle, a chainsaw( the yellow thingy) full of fuel , and a dog that lives on a diet of Pal and baked beans..
A volitile mix i reckon :roll:

I dont see the hound being a big problem. If he is gunna ride at that hieght with the window down we can lose him out the window at the first roundabout

Will be on your doorstep next friday morning... let the adventure begin..... 8-)

Reddoliverstravels
BONDY

Post by BONDY »

Hi gang, Well we have an official date as to when we vacate our place and tennants move in, this being the Easter weekend. Still don't know if we can make the teardrop gathering at Tomakin, but hopefully we can get there, even if it's only for a day visit - from there it will be over the Clyde mountain and on to Canberra to catch up with the eldest girl - THEN it's one day at a time for an indefinate period - sorta scary :D
Since the Berry run the car and van have been re-organised and have gained a little more weight, roof rack has been fitted - load levellers re-adjusted, plus a few other things (best thing i ever did was fit the spring packs from a ute)
Mez is still sorting out the laptop :roll: which will cover our travels, once sorted, she can teach me :D
Now it's just a waiting game :roll: - stay tuned ;)
Kingy
Col

Post by Col »

Hiya Steve, hope it all goes well for you .....and don't forget the pics!....cheers,Col.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Kingy and Mez.
Great news ! Bet you cant wait for Easter to come, although Iam sure you have a ton of things to do from now till then.
Dont for get if you need any assistance while your away Linda and I will gladly try and help, and if you need to stay in Wollongong you are more than welcome to camp in our back yard.

Cheers.
Richard.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Kingy.
Not long to go now. Are you all organised? Dont forget a good supply of chocolate for Easter.

Cheers.
Richard and Linda.