2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

reddo

Re: 2017 Autumn Tour - Gold Fever

Post by reddo »

Recieved a phone call from long time vintage vanners "The Tickos"... John and Lynelle from Bulli will be Joining us at Gunning for the Tour.
That makes 16.. no wait.. 17.... umm perhaps its 18... Oh i dontt know.
Guess we will just count heads at Gunning .. :lol:

All i know its probably the biggest roll up for a Vintage Van Tour we have ever had .

The Truckies are gunna love us :shock: .. More wobbling boxes on the Highway :lol:

Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Just getting a few things finalised for the Gold Fever Tour.

I should be able to have tshirts printed and each entrant will receive a tshirt (one per van) I need to contact Reddo so that I can contact each entrant to confirm a tshirt size.
Gold fever v1-01.jpg
I have also printed off a few stickers and these are $3.00 each so is first in for those.
Image (1436).jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.
Shirt and stickers look good.
Can i get 2 stickers . will pay at Gunning.
Will PM you contact details of those coming on the tour
Cheers.. and thanks for the effort / generous donation of the shirts.

Reddo
aquamum

Post by aquamum »

I'll have a couple of stickers too please Reddo :lol:
philmac

Post by philmac »

g,day richard
could you please put two stickers aside for me also . they are beauties !!!! just let me know how you you want to be paid .
thanks phil
Col

Post by Col »

Hi Richard, have sent you a PM but it hasn't been opened, so.......could we please have one sticker, and T Shirt size is L,see you soon, Kris.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Same for me Richard, two stickers and an XL shirt please. I can deposit your account I presume same as OTP t shirt/calender payment account. Just let us know how much for the shirts.
Jeff
Ticko

Post by Ticko »

Hi Richard
If there is any shirts left a xxl and 2 stickers and will fix you up with the cash.

Cheers John
reddo

Post by reddo »

Meanwhile ... back at the " Bar none Ranch"...
The packing begins..
Pick
Sled
Doggy bags and scooper for the husky poop :oops:
oooo... geez ... better pack "Mule bags " too... :roll: .. Things are gunna get messy here panhandlers......but us green prospectors have gotta shovel up the brown as well.
I have heard of nuggets before .. but i was hopping the only ones i would be picking up is gold ones ...

Oh yeah... long handled shovel.... better make it a long one aye :lol:

Hex barrel 50 Calibre flintlock rifle ... jist in case we come across a Grizzly
Black powder and ball shot

2 dozen tins of 6 /60 beans... Baked Beans that is... eat 6 ... then fart 60 ( remember blazing saddles )
hmmmm....
Camp oven... flour ... sugar ..
so wrangler Barb can rustle us up a Damper.... :D :D :D :D

Moonshine... oooo geez .. better check how the still is gurgling this morning. Gunna need lotsa hooch to fight off the Alaskan chill.... hang on a minute... better check the map .. i think they moved Alaska further North a few years back..

let me think...( pause here." think"..They say there is a first time for everything)

" Where the river is winding ..
Big nuggets their finding
NORTH to Alaska .. Boom Boom the rush is on...

Yep.. Yep.. almost certain we aint goin through Alaska on the tour...
Ya can stock up on limited stores at Gunning. Mate tells me there is a shop in Gunning that sells Hemp Jeans .. he has already smoked 2 pair of em :o :shock:

Anyway.. just on 1 month to go before the wagons roll into Gunning,,,,Prairie dogs...Betta git packin you all hear !!!
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D
24 days to go... 24 stubbies in a carton... 8-)
Co-incidence ???
Managed to score a very clean second hand late model 45 Litre Engel Fridge Freezer at the right price today... Had to travel 1 1/2 hrs to Sydney to pick it up ... love knows no boundarys when it comes to cold beer...and there is no happier person in the universe than a drunk with a correctly functioning fridge...The fact that it keeps milk and meat cold is also a good thing..... i suppose !!!

Got a message from Aquamum. We are welcoming "Annalise".. a Tumut local who will be staying with us at Tumut in her Viscount van..
I have deputized her as tour leader from Tumut up through Batlow, Tumabrumba and Laureil Hill.then on to Jingellic..
Apparently there is a dude ... Alby...that has on old garage and a passion for FJ Holdens and other old cars in town at Batlow. :shock:
So.. thats definitely on the "To Do" List on the Thursday ramble.... ;) ;) ;)

Are we there yet. :?:
Reddo