Reddos 1960 Supalite Atlas Resto

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
reddo

Re: Reddos 1960 Supalite Atlas Resto

Post by reddo »

Hi

:( :( :( ... I'm depressed....
Was cleaning up one of the aluminium hinge open windows yesterday... gave it a bump and broke the glass... :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:
Thats it... i need a holiday. Down tools... pack the Teardrop.. harness up the EH panno and head off on a Tour to South West Rocks for a week or 2.
Maybe the F'up fairys might vacate the shed while i am away as well... ;)

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Okay... Okay... I have been slack..
Ya gotta remember we had a 3 day tour and 6 day get together at South West Rocks since the last time i posted any progress on the van..
I have been busy upgrading security on the shed of invention... we had a "security breach "while everyone was in the shed on the tour inspecting the Supalite... It appears that a secret double nothin agent from Sutton took photos of the cross head screws holding the water filler cap on the side of the van and posted them to the president of the Slot Head Screw Society.. Yep..... the infamous... " Slot Head Bob." :shock:

I have employed sniffer dogs that can smell "sneaky types" at 20 metres ... so the likes of Jen#ison cant get into the shed and get away with forwarding photos to S.H.B ever again. ;)

Here is evidence that screws purchased from Dennis "JBJ " while at SWR..

### ( Thanks heaps Boots and Dennis for packing the screws and bringing them along for me)####
have now been deployed to the van to right my wrongs.. :P

Have also managed to turn the van around in the shed and sand down ... bog up and prime left side of van
Hope to sand down the 1st coat of primer and get a second coat on today... just gotta wait for the temp to struggle up over 20 degrees....

Its all good... but will be a long time before the old darlin sees daylight again.

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

I know how you feel Mr Reddo, my pup Rattcliffe was bribed on Tour by an unscrupulous Tour Leader!!!
I know have to bribe him with Smakos.

:D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

:?:
Last edited by reddo on Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi..
Got an hour or 2 in yesterday arvo on the Atlas..
Managed to knock up a door frame out of meranti....
it even fitted in the hole where its suppose to go.... 8-)

Gave it a coat of primer sealer undercoat ..
Then cut and fitted 7mm outer ply skin..
Then cut out opening for hinge open shutter for flyscreen

Working today.... bugger. :( .. Just seem to get a roll on and get dragged away to do other stuff.. :? .
Aaah well .....without work there is no money.... and without money there is no progress on van...Just another one of those vicious circles we get caught up in :roll:

Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

Ahh.. My skulduggery has been found out.
It was good while it lasted , slot head Bob and I got some miles out of that.
Oh well. Since you have beefed up security making further undercover forays impractical and provided photographic evidence of your corrective repairs I will forward the photos to SHB so you may be issued your certificate of slotification!
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Ok Geoff... and ..
While you are doing that i will tear up your Shed Of Invention season pass... :lol:

Reddo
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Gday Reddo. How`d you go with that broken window? I have a hinged opening one with drip rail.Good glass & frame.Catches would need replacing.3`1/8" W x 21 1/4".Curved bottom corners. gordo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hiya Gordo...
Have you "migrated "south yet ??
Thanks for the offer of a replacement window.

The issue with the window is the hurricane hinge.. i sanded off the goop that Aquamum had used to seal the edge to the van.. it was very hard stuff.... not your normal flexible sealant. I think i must have generated too much heat in the hinge and it had seized up.

I undrilled the hinge from the frame . Tried to free the hinge but it has locked solid. I will buy a new section of hinge .. get a new glass cut and then reassemble the old window.

Cheers
Reddo
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Gday Reddo. No worries. Btw,this window swings open/closes beautifully. LOL. Anyways still stuck 'in town' going through bs paperwork/changing bank accounts/upgrading super & i haven`t even got around to getting the pension.Go figure.Getting back to your project though the Supalite is coming along quite nicely judging by the pics & once Reddotel Inc has added its touches will really stand out. cheers gordo