Christmas in July in the middle.

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
Strugglebrook

Re: Christmas in July in the middle.

Post by Strugglebrook »

Hiya back Grand Master,
Flannels will be more than welcome, sorry I believe Broke Back Mountain is down Barnsley way I believe. Why do they call you 2 heads Master??? :D :D :D :D

Now have 10 sites confirmed, that's almost half the powered sites.

Best get on that dog and bone.

JD.
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Hi all, we are booked in to stay the Friday and Saturday night. See you then, Monica, Shaun and the boys Jarvis and Kobi :D :D
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Well done the Bluebirds.

JD
reddo

Post by reddo »

Reddo
Last edited by reddo on Thu May 12, 2016 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Still only Junior Bator , Master. :D :D :D :D
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Well the reconnaissance mission has been completed and here are the findings using the Tour Masters questionnaire. Venue, sealed streets and grassy or slab sites with all neat lawn and gardens.
Camp kitchen, not overly large but very well equipped with tv, big fridge, stove with oven,microwave, all cooking utensils right down to toaster ,jug and knives and forks . Tables with chairs and a couple of lounges. Closed in at one end with the rest having the roll up clear plastic zip down screens.Main floor currently earth but will be paved very soon. Cosy.
Neat clean toilets and shower block, laundry 2 washing machines and 1 dryer, 4x 1 dollar coins.
Fire pit behind small barb q area, wood supplied.
Friendly owners whom are caravaner`s themselves.
Things to do, 3x pubs two with meals, bowling club/Chinese meals. Antique shops, Art galleries, museum, little coffee shops. A great little town to walk around with plenty of old buildings.
A very good lookout at Paradise park, a bit of a walk but well worth it.
Suggesting Saturday night, camp ovens cooked in the fire pit and don`t worry if you don`t have one as there is the barby and the stove. More to come on things to do. Junior Bator, First Class. :D :D
BlueBird

Post by BlueBird »

Thanks for that, it sounds really nice. When I rang up to book I also experienced a very nice lady on the phone as well.

We have a camp oven that we will take. We are keen to cook a meal on there, or go out, whatever the consensus is :)

I like the sound of the walk to the lookout :)

We're really looking forwards to catching up with everyone and having a great weekend away :)
reddo

Post by reddo »

I couldnt be as cold and miserable as Blackheath could it... Please tell me it couldnt be.... please !!!
Reddo
Last edited by reddo on Thu May 12, 2016 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

At least they will only be small bits. :D :D :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Tick tock tick tock....Hear that :?:
The clock is ticking......either that or my pacemaker is working a bit too loud...????
Time is marching on folks...

Dont leave it to the last minute to phone the park and find that they are booked out :(
How dissapointing that will be :o :shock: :oops: ....

Ring up NOW and be dissapointed to find that the likes of me are gunna be there :lol: ;)

Temperatures are on the way down and the excitement and anticipation is on the way up !!!!
Camp ovens are being polished..... Puddings are being pudded... double bubble stir and trouble....broths will be frothing ... stews will be stewding ( Its a word.. i just made it up.. just not gazetted yet !!)... and..... unlike the temperature.....Dampers will be rising .

Sounds too good to be true??... it probably is... so completely ignore this post :P

Reddoptomist