Lighter than air Sunliners -

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
reddo

Lighter than air Sunliners -

Post by reddo »

Hidey ho there vintage van types...
Well .. ya not gunna believe this .....but I am keen to tell ya's anyway.

Inkeeping with all the other brilliant inventions that have been inventated over the years in "
Image"

We here at Reddotel are proud to announce the "release"of our latest and greatest invention yet...
he "Lighter than air Sunliner"
Once you have towed one of these babies you will say goodbye to the dread Fobergross blobs that you have been dragging around the countryside for all those years.

Nothing even comes close to the Rëddotel windbag lighter than air sunliner.

It boast ....easy fold away and storage when not in use.
Set up in even the most busiest caravan parks at prime holiday with prime views .
No wheel bearings to grease.
No troublesome jockey wheel.. the load automatically levels itself out on start up..
START UP :shock:
Yup... you read me right folks... the new "Lighter than air Sunliner"is self propelled. 8-)

After getting clearance from Williamtown fighter base I was allowed to take the "Lighter than air Sunliner"out for its first road test....

Ahhhhhhh.. the wind in the nostrils.. the thrill of the open.....SKY...

The neighbours gathered as I taxied down the side street and gained altitude.. circled low over head office for a happy snap..

However.. elation and elevation soon gave way to deflation and desperation...... :oops:
Seems I needed more lever control back towards me to make the nose lift and clear the neighbours pine trees.....

Bit touch and go for a while but I made it clear of the scrub....

All good at the moment... a bit of a southerly came up and has blown me off course. :roll:
I am currently typing this from just above a large red rock surrounded by a whole lot of red nothingness ??

Have sent a message to the Royal flying doctor service asking if they do "House calls"....

Whiiiiizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... :?: What was that ???....ooo geez it appears that the farmers are shooting at the "Reddotel lighter than air Sunliner"

Getting in a bit of strife here folks....
Umm .. I'll get back to you shortly !!!
Wing commander "Biggles"
DC3TD

Re: Lighter than air Sunliners -

Post by DC3TD »

Gday Reddo. Wouldn`t mind one myself but at the 'inflated' price i can`t afford just yet. Not too sure about a farmers recent clearance sale of one either.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I have seen this problem with Sunliners before Reddo. Prematurely unhitching your van before attaching the ground anchors. :D :D :D

This was down our way just before Christmas Reddo. I remembered it well as I was working on a roof with panoramic views and noticed him coming so I thought I would finish my job and keep an eye on him to take a photo. Well after at least an hour of waiting he was getting no closer as he was being buffeted by strong north easterly gusts of wind which was sending him back to where he came from. :o :o :lol: :lol:
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi DC3TD and Richard

I certainly cannot recommend the lighter than air sunliner that is listed in the farm clearance auction for next Saturday at Pine Gap.

I copped about 26 direct hits before the L.T.A.S took a down hill spiral and landed in some sort of U.S restricted area?????

Nearly caused some sort of international incident and took a week of negotiations to convince them I wasn't working for some sort of intelligence spy agency from another country..
I suspect that after they examined my flimsy means of infiltration into restricted air space and interviewed me they realised I wasn't all that intelligent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I borrowed the local posties bicycle and bundled the L.T.A.S into the side bags and pedalled home.

As Richard has mentioned there will be a need to ensure ground anchor attachments and check on prevailing wind speeds before attempting another "Road test".
I don't give up easily.

I am keen on some of the ideas incorporated in the "Hindenburg Zepplin".. they seem to " flaming well" know what they are doing.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :shock:

Stay tuned.. I don't give up easily.
Reddo