Easter 2009 Teadrop Gathering - Tomakin

koala400au

Easter 2009 Teadrop Gathering - Tomakin

Post by koala400au »

For those interested, there is a gathering of teardrops happening this Easter at Tomakin which is just south of Batemans Bay NSW.
Would be nice if you can make it, please find details below.
Good Friday 10th April ~ Monday 13 th April. The details to
book are as follows
Parks name is RIVER HAVEN TOURIST PARK
Address is 476 TOMAKIN ROAD TOMAKIN NSW 2537 (10K, from
Bateman's bay) Phone # (02) 44 786060
Contact name KELLY LETH or ANNE LETH on (02) 44 717235
ON BOOKING NOTIFY YOU'RE WITH THE AUSTRALIAN TEARDROP GROUP COST IS $22.00 PER NIGHT.
The gathering is being put together by the Aussie Teardrop Campers Group whose web address is at http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/teardropcampers/
It is another one of these nonclubs, no rules, just turn up. Maybe just send me a PM to let me know if you are interested so I can let the organiser know. Pretty casual affair and shouldn't be a problem if you have a full size van or just a swag.
Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18
reddo

Re: Easter 2009 Teadrop Gathering - Tomakin

Post by reddo »

Hi Ken
PM sent .. sounds like a great weekend. 8-)
Reddo
BONDY

Post by BONDY »

Hhmmm, you guys are tempting me - i don't know whether to book or not, as it's about the time we want to ''go touring. If we are behind schedule, we'll go for sure (we'll be there in 20 minutes :D )
This park has changed hands, and is having a makeover - so should be tidy
IT's also EASTER, and will be very busy
I'll give it a couple of weeks and see where we're up too
Kingy
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Ken..
:cry: Looks like i wont be able to make it to the TD hoot.
I will be between owning cars. ;)
Reddo
Plygirl

Post by Plygirl »

:) Hi,
Hope the run at Tomakin is a good one. Only 15 Mins from home but, i will be travelling over the Mountain to Goulburn for the Hot Rod Nationals. Sure those in attandance will enjoy our part of the coast.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Linda and I were hoping to get down for the tear drop run but unfortunatly something has come up and we cannot go, so I hope everyone has a great weekend, take care on the roads and dont forget to mention ourtouringpast to anyone that will listen.

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Plygirl

Post by Plygirl »

:D Hi all,
How did this run go? Any pics. Spied one van near Mcdonalds Batemans Bay on my way home easter monday.
koala400au

Post by koala400au »

Hi all, yep we had a great weekend. Ten teardrops plus 3 'other' vans attended with a very friendly group of owners. The Best Homebuilt award went to a member from Ballarat with his very well finished polished aluminium tear. I am considering a protest as I did not win the mens cooking competition with my veal and mushrooms.:))
There is definitely a resurgence in the teardrop idea with modern interpretation of the teardrop concept using modern materials produced some interesting and functional designs. Would like to see some restorations but unfortunalely teardrops do seem to pass the time test too well and it is often easier/cheaper to build new. I will post some photos when I get a bit of time but overall it was a very enjoyable weekend in a picturesqe part of the country,

Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18