2015 Vintage Caravans Autumn Tour

reddo

2015 Vintage Caravans Autumn Tour

Post by reddo »

Well..
Its on again folks .. The Annual Vintage Caravans Autumn Tour .
Our good friends Clyde and Barb have come up with another ripper by the looks of the itenary.

Around 10 days on the road .. some of us ( about 6 cars and vans I think) are travelling to the Queensland hinterland via the New England Hwy with overnight stops at Wallabadah ( Thursday night free camp) just south of Tamworth. Then on up to Tenterfield where we catch up with a few of the SEQ regulars for the night at the caravan park.

Then on up over the border to ESK on Anzac Day 8-)
Take it away Sutcac...
http://vintagecaravans.proboards.com/th ... 015?page=1

These trips are the top of the pile as far as vintage caravanning goes... On the road.. out in the bush.. enjoying our vans ,each others company.. having a laugh and filling up on that famous camp cooking .

Nothing... I repeat.. nothing comes close to it in vintage van world.

So... Give it some serious consideration and do what the Tour leader has asked us to do..
Book into Esk ( must pay before arrival to confirm your site) or.... start a day or so earlier and phone Tenterfield Caravan Park ( The one up the side street near the railway museum) and let em know your coming along with the rest of the crazys ... :lol:

Hurry.. its only 4 weeks to launch time.
Reddo
reddo

Re: 2015 Vintage Caravans Autumn Tour

Post by reddo »

1 week before blast off...and counting down fast.
Camping gear all over the floor of the shed..
Car partially dismantled..
A million "To dos" on the shed noticeboard as well as "She who must be obeyed's" noticeboard... :P
I keep rubbing those ones out or ticking them off as "Done"

Autumn runny nose and chest flem have arrived on queue.
Dosed up on Old Reddo "Snot Stopper" potion.
Bugger!!... gunna have to do something physical to sweat it out of me...
Hmmm...... :? .. better check the wifes "To Do" List and see if Sex gets a mention.... :lol:
OOOO... bugga .. hope it wasn't one of the items I mistakenly rubbed off the board... That'll take another 12 months of negotiations to get back on the agenda...:oops: :cry:

Not long now folks.. if you havent already done so... sign up for the tour.
If you have signed up... Get Packing !!!

Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Ah Reddo unlike you to have a last minute to do list. :lol: :lol:
Have a great time on the tour and we will be thinking of all you lucky Bugg umm campers.
Dont forget to take heaps of photos and stick em on the forum.
All the best
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Good morning fellow tourerists,
received a call last night from tour commander Clyde and supreme commander Barb. They are now on the road and will take the reins in Tenterfield with first lieutenant Reddo. Very much looking forward to hooking up at Wallabadah , catching up with regulars and meeting new faces.

Cheers John. :D :D :D
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

Just a wee bit too far for me Reddo, but I wish you a safe and memorable trip mate.
jennison

Post by jennison »

Where's the photos..... I mean you be been on the road at least 6 hrs already!!!!!!!!!?
Jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Okey Dokey ..
Hi all..
Sorry about taking to get back here with a roving raving report on the our..
A combination of the east coast low super storm damage... another computer blow up and just plain good old slackness is to blame.
Got home sunday and have spent 3 days cutting up fallen tress and collapsed fences.... still have mowing a whipper snipping to do plus a trip to the tip with about 2 tonne of greenery to go today.

The Tour??
Yep.. was good. Probably best to giveyou a day by day account..
Day one... Barnsvegas to Wallabadah.
Got away around 10.30 and first stop was at Strugglebrook to round up John and Pam. Arrived to find the Datsun 240Z attached to old blue.
Last minute business sorting .. so I went and paid paddy and aapooh to wash the panno and TD .the Van and pvan combo had spent the night before up at the bros place avoiding the floodwaters in Barnsley. They where covered in grime and leaves.. that's no way to start a tour , so the boys gave it a spruce up..
Al fresh and fluffy !!
By now John and Pam where ready and off we went. Good roads so pace wqass on... 100KPH all the way to Wallabadah.
Nice free camp next to the First Settlers memorial. Humpty2 ... Peter and Denise where already settled in . and Chippydave arrived just on dusk.
John and I snuck off up to Mashall McMahons pub for a couple of beers then came back for Dinner... and a few more beers . Caught up on what everyone had been up to since last we met.
In Bed by around 8.30pm.
A big run tomorrow up to Tenterfield..

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Day 2.
Wallabadah to Tenterfield.
The day dawned fine and sunny. Up about 6.30. A coffee and some light brekky.
Everyone was up and keen to get on the tour trail.

1/2 Hr into Tamworth a quick fuel stop and we wave Peter and Denise on ahead to tackle the Moonbi Ranges. Their EH wagon had overheating issues the day before so we followed them up the steep incline.
All good.
Onwards through Bendemeer, Armidale, Uralla, a brief stop at Guyra then into Glenn Innes.

A local hot rodder had told me about a 1946 GMC pickup for sale in town . So I gave the old fella a call and we dropped around to check out the truck at "Townsends Workshop".
The GMC has a 283 with a 4 speed manual box. Toyota Dyna truck running gear. Drives like a truck and rides like a truck. Toyota tuff. But not a comfortable thing .
They had a couple of other rods kicking around the shop as well as a few getting built.

Left there and set off for Deepwater Pie shop... everyone shot across the road to snaffle up the culinary delights only to find that they had completely sold out of hot stuff.. BUGGA :evil: .

Pushed on up to Tenterfield caravan park and caught up with Tour Captains Sutcac. Dennis and Sue, Bob Taylor , Rob and Cath.
Wasn't long before we had a big pot of Pea and Ham soup on the bubble along with a Garlic prawn entre. Lotsa catching up and giggles Fire in the camp kitchen until around 9.00.. then off to bed.
A big day tomorrow.. off to ESK QLD.
Reddo
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

Thanks for the photos Reddo :)

What year is the black Ford ute mate ??

Dave
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi O.F