Tow Bar Topics by KARAVANAH (from Royalauto)

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
griffin

Tow Bar Topics by KARAVANAH (from Royalauto)

Post by griffin »

A while back I posted a cover from the RACV Royalauto magazine, November 1955. This item, and lots of other little items regarding caravans also appeared in it. I was particularly taken by the authors 'pen name', KARAVANAH, I could nearly change my Forum name to that.

Not having access to other copies of Royalauto, but I'm looking into it, I dare say 'Tow Bar Topics' may have been a regular feature. The advice might be a bit basic, how could you forget to include a hatch if building your own van?

I found the last piece of information interesting though, S.A. required caravanners to have a fire extinguisher in the van in Summer in that State as early as 1955. Wonder if anyone actually policed it?
Tow BAr Topics - Royalauto - Nov 1955.jpg
George
Richard

Re: Tow Bar Topics by KARAVANAH (from Royalauto)

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
Great little article from Karavanah, I have never heard of the SA fire extinguisher law before, just goes to show that caravans are more combustible during summer than winter. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I also found the bit electrical wiring info very useful as Iam actually working on a restoration tips article for the Vintage Caravan Magazine on power points and switching. :o :o :o
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.