Happy New Year - With something from 50 years ago.

griffin

Happy New Year - With something from 50 years ago.

Post by griffin »

Best wishes to everyone for the coming year, anotherie has slipped by, just where do they go?
No doubt I'll see it in as usual, the midnight local fireworks waking me from my slumber, just so I know it has happened.
Ford Falcon 1965 - AMM Jan, 1965.jpg
I ran across this item in a Modern Motor from January 1965, and given the state of our car industry 50 years on I thought it might make interesting reading. Japanese cars were at the bottom of the sales table then, just 3% of the market. It was published three years before I got a licence and bought a car, the last of the HA series Vauxhall Viva in 1968. The tide was turning though as lots of my mates bought Japanese cars.

Happy New Year.

George and Barbara
Strugglebrook

Re: Happy New Year - With something from 50 years ago.

Post by Strugglebrook »

Will be sorry to see the Falcon go, they provide a lot of employment, we always have a couple on the hoists. Hopefully the Territory will hang on a little longer as it has more potential for work as it`s a Falcon jacked up. ;) ;) :D :D
Richard

Re: Happy New Year - With something from 50 years ago.

Post by Richard »

It must be the year for taking it easy, as we also watched TV and went to bed with no sounds of parties or fireworks (phew)
We would like to wish everyone a very happy 2015 and we would also like to thank everyone that supported us and the ourtouringpast.com website/forum throughout 2014.

Richard, Linda, Joshua and ?
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.