Xmas in July - Katoomba Falls Caravan Park

Richard

Re: Xmas in July - Katoomba Falls Caravan Park

Post by Richard »

Hi Don.
Yes it was a great weekend and even though it was cold I think everyone had a ball.
Just a few more photos of our sightseeing tour of Katoomba on Saturday. We did the walk up the main street to visit all of the antique shops, then after lunch we went to a few of the thousands of lookouts at Katoomba, with the first one we visited being Landslip Lookout :shock: :shock: :shock: Which Linda wasnt too happy about.

And of course a trip to Katoomba isnt complete without a photo of the Three Sisters.

Then later in the afternoon we visited the Toy and Rail Museum which is is kept in a grand old house in Leura.

Inside the house, the rooms are either showcasing the original 1920's furnishings or glass cases full of toys from 1920 on wards. The following 2 photos are of the toy train setup in a building at the side of the house.

ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Xmas in July - Katoomba Falls Caravan Park

Post by reddo »

Hiya Richard and Linda.

Yep.. a truely great part of the world to visit at any time of the year.
I personally had a ball.
A couple of "Scotch and drys" puts all feelings of cold out of my mind ;)

A great bunch of people and a great cross section of timber, glass and alloy vans.
Will definitely be back there the same weekend next year and hopefully we can double the numbers attending.

Hell... i even got a visit from Santa..... :roll: .... he left me a prezzie or 2 on the front seat of my panelvan :roll: ...
Thats funny.... i cant remember being THAT good while at Katoomba.
I guess i will just have to shout "Santa" a beer next time our paths cross ;)

Xmas in July??.... BBBBBbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbrrrriilliant
Reddo