Xmas in July - Katoomba Falls Caravan Park

reddo

Xmas in July - Katoomba Falls Caravan Park

Post by reddo »

Hi All

I noticed "Bondy" made comment on another post that he would like to catch up with everyone on a run somewhere soon. 8-) :idea:

I have booked 15 sites at Katoomba Falls Caravan Park from Friday 3/7/2009 to sunday 5/7/2009.
http://www.visitnsw.com/town/Katoomba/K ... /info.aspx

http://www.caravanparkphotos.com.au/katoomba/index.htm

At present there is approximately 12 of those sites taken by other vintage caravan enthusiast from as far away as Victoria :shock: . If anyone is keen on the idea then could you send me a pm and i will ensure that the Caretaker is aware of the extra numbers.
Looking forward to it ;) .

Reddo
BONDY

Re: Xmas in July - Katoomba Falls Caravan Park

Post by BONDY »

We're still keen on this one Reddo, but as mentioned once before, we're not too sure where we'll be exactly in July - but if within a reasonable distance, it would be good to catch up with the gang again, so we're still a'' maybe''
-(Mez's allready packed :lol: )
Kingy
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Am very interested to attend the Katoomba meet. Pretty sure i`ll have a better tow car by then too.cheers
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
If you still have room Linda and I would like to come along. There seems to be a few members from this forum going and it would be great to meet up with the new forum members, and hopefully catch up with a few old friends.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

Just a note to let you know that there will be almost 20 vans at Katoomba. I rang the other day and got them to put my name on another 5 sites .. so if there is any late starters you will fit in.

I was thinking about throwing a cast iron camp oven in and a 10kg gas bottle with a slow burner. Thought a big pot of stew bubbling away in the annexe all day might make a nice little happy hour feast for when friends drop in. Maybe we could get a couple of them on the bubble and contribute a few vegies and meat each to add to the brew(s).

Bring beer and a bowl :roll: ;)
Reddo
koala400au

Post by koala400au »

You may be onto something regarding cooking something up to share. On a previous outing with another group we had a cooking competition for the men which was judged by the ladies, was a lot of fun and pulled the group together. Also gave the ladies a night off.
Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D

Well dudes..
The temperature is dropping and we are only just over a week off heading up to Katoomba.
I noticed that it is down to 2 degrees up there tonight.... pretty god damn mild i reckon...Hmmmppphhh.. i was hoping for minus 10 and at least a foot of snow to sort out the true vinatge vanners from the pretenders.

Dont forget the woolies and it might pay to bring a tarp '/ brattice of some sort to help block off the cold night air down in the camp kitchen.
The building is solid brick and has a good sized room inside but ... if we need a bit of elbow space we will probably need to tarp of a bit of the outside table and chairs area. Its all under cover and the caretakers have offered us a couple of "Flame thrower LPG heaters...but if we can wrap the joint up a bit it will be more snuggly for us... not being a sook... just being wise.. ;)

Cant wait , cant wait, cant wait.....
See yas there Friday.... Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hey Reddo.
Do you realise that there is supposed to be a cold snap on Thursday through to Sunday, so the temperature is going to plumit at Katoomba !!!!! :o :o
Packing my hot water bottle and long johns as we speak.

Cheers.
Richard.

P.S. Do I need to start the fridge to pre cool it or will it be cold enough just to leave our food outside ?
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well Linda and I have just arrived home from Reddo's Christmas in July Festivities.
We arrived late on Friday afternoon and there was about 9 of the 11 caravans set up already. It was a bit late in the afternoon so everyone headed for the camp kitchen for dinner and a drink or two.

Considering that it would be one of the coldest caravan runs that has been held before, well in NSW anyway, it was a really great turn up with six ourtouringpast forum members turning up to brave the cold.

ourtouringpast forum members were,
Jennison

Col

Dave

Koala400au

Richard and Linda.

Unfortunately I did not get a photo of Mauries (mrfj55) FJ and caravan.

With members from the VC site also braving the cold were.
Andrew

Spider

Geoff and Jude

Humpty

A couple of photos of the Christmas theme on Saturday early in the afternoon before dinner got underway and with a very special visit from Santa later in the night that brought the house down. ( unfortunately I didnt have the camera.)

To top off the weekend is a photo of Reddos "Matilda" decorated with tinsel and Christmas lights, who I would also like to thank for a great weekend away.

Cheers.
Richard and Linda.
donricardo

Post by donricardo »

Hi Richard,

That's a great lot of shots from the Katoomba get together last weekend. Thanks for posting them. Some beautifully presented vans there. I particularly like the shot of Reddo's van all lit up. Reddo took some really effective dusk shots of a couple of vans earlier in the year. Looks like we should try that technique more often!

I presume everybody survived the cold? No frostbitten fingers or toes? You're a brave lot, but a van heats up pretty quickly with a little fan heater or similar so hopefully you were warm enough inside.

Don Ricardo