Info on humpyboy

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
humpyboy

Re: Info on humpyboy

Post by humpyboy »

G'day Reddo,all good mate no train coming my way although it sometimes feels like I've been hit by one :lol: I've seen bigger cuts in ply, looks like he tried to cut me in half, the incision is about 23 cm long so will take a few more days to settle down, each night gets better but I still only get short amounts of sleep, once I wake up it is to sore to get back to sleep so it's out of bed and back to the couch, wait till it settles and get another hour or two before I'm awake again, not working so I can survive on what I get for now and I never knew how little food I needed to survive also, Doc says it could take me from 9 to 12 months before I get into a new eating regime, may never get back to what I used to be like but then we never know, no two people are the same.
If you get an email telling you that you can catch Swine Flu from tins of ham then delete it, it's Spam.
humpyboy

Post by humpyboy »

Saw my surgeon this afternoon and he could not have been happier, pathology said that it was an aggressive tumor (7 cms in size) with some nasties involved but all the margins were clear and there was no evidence of migration to any lymph nodes so all is good, next step is to see the oncologist next week to organize some follow up chemo.
If you get an email telling you that you can catch Swine Flu from tins of ham then delete it, it's Spam.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Humpyboy
Sorry about my late enquiry/reply on your recovery from the op.
I have had intermittent Telstra landline service for the past 3 months.. so when I do get back online I go like hell on the keyboard trying to catch up with the rest of the world and what's been happening.

Sounds like you are on the mend. If the docs are happy with the way things are going ... then the rest is up to you.
Just take it easy and gradually get back into the everyday routine a bit at a time.

Cheers mate
Reddo
humpyboy

Post by humpyboy »

Hiya Reddo, All good with me mate, went back to work last week on light duties and getting better with each day, doing a few things around the house and getting out in the shed on the odd occasion also, go back to see the surgeon again on Tuesday then start my chemo on Wednesday just to make sure we get it all, chemo once every three weeks with tablets in between for 9 weeks, I'm still alive which is the main thing.
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Great to hear you are getting up & about & able to at least do some light duties.Always wishing you the best & continued good health.
humpyboy

Post by humpyboy »

Just a quick update, I saw my Surgeon who's response to seeing me was "I don't know what you are doing but keep doing it and come back and see me in June" my Oncologist on the other hand has started me on my next round round of Chemo and after the first few days I wish he hadn't, I feel like absolute crap but as they say "No pain no gain" so I will just put up with it for now.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well you have been going tremendously for the last 4 months so dont let this little set back get you down. Keep up the positive attitude and as always we are thinking of you.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
humpyboy

Post by humpyboy »

Hi all, sorry for the late update but finally got aroundtoit, following on from my last post that last lot of Chemo was just the worst thing I've gone through, by the end of it I was felling so nauseous I put myself back in hospital for three days as I hadn't eaten or drunk anything for a week, hospital rang the Oncologist and he had them stop any further chemo from there on out it was full steam ahead.
Am now getting some form of apatite again and have returned to work fulltime about two months back, hair is slowly growing back and my weight is stable at around 82kg, saw my Surgeon on the 1st of June and he asked when I was going to visit the Oncologist (2nd September) and he said good come see me again in December, all I need to wait for now is to get some stamina back so that I can get stuck into some projects again.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Humpyboy.

Pleased to hear you are over the worst of it.
... take the mind off the body and focus on a few projects .. things are on the mend.

I have been calling at a mates place every Tuesday for the past 3 weeks....he was complaining of something stuck in his throat causing a tickling sensation.. turned out to be a peanut sizel cancerous lump.. He has been getting hit with chemo and now has a tube in his stomach that he injects his meals and fluids into.
It has knocked him for a six ... so .. I have been dragging him down to his shed and sitting him in a comfy old lounge chair while I run the wiring harness back through his EH panelvan he has been rebuilding. Just do a few hours every week.. do a bit... sit and yarn.. do a bit more.. have a cuppa ..

Got everything electrical working as it should ...then finished off the harness under the bonnet. We started the car for the first time off the key last Tuesday.......He hadn't heard the rebuilt motor running up to that point...
The look on the mates face said it all..... there is no better therapy / rehab than seeing progress on a project. Gave me a big grin too.
He tried shoving money at me... I told him to wake up to himself..... get well .. and we will have a beer when all the plumbing comes out of his belly and he can swallow a beer.

It'll be a slow road to full recovery for him... but he is a battler and he will come good.

Wishing you continued improvement ... do as the doctors tell you..... and...... start aiming up at a caravan project....
Regards
Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Humpyboy.
Its was a smooth ride at the start and you had to hit a few potholes along the way.
Iam glad things are starting to get back to some normality for you, take it easy and get out and enjoy life.
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.