Marconni clips and track - For Sale

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.
reddo

Marconni clips and track - For Sale

Post by reddo »

Hi
I have 18 original Marconni clips ( 18mm wide) as well as 1 X 3.3 metre and 1 x 300mm short extra section of Marconni track. ... 3.6 metres in total

The clips are the rare ones with a "D" slot across the top. They where held on the annexe by a strip of leather which passes through the "D" and is sewn on either side of the "D" to prevent it pulling back through the canvas.
Clips are probably worth more than $5 ea (5 x 18 clips = $90.00) but will sell the clips and track for $100.
If no interest over the next few days it will be heading to "E" street :roll: ;)

Regards
Reddo
Richard

Re: Marconni clips and track - For Sale

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
That IS a great buy for $100, as this style of annex track and fasteners is just about impossible to find these days, especially if you want to complete that period restoration. ;) ;)
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard
I have just had Matildas annexe converted to sailtrack rope etc.
The guy that done the conversion was virtually pleading with me to let him have them.
I figured that someone on Our Touring Past would be better off buying them from me for $100 than probably paying twice that off him.

He stated he has every other sort of marconni clip except the type I have for sale... and he has been in the canvas industry for 30 years.. so.. yeah... I don't think $100 is unreasonable. and.. if they don't sell here .. or on ebay I will hang on to them . If I ever sell matilda I will offer them to the new owner 8-)

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Now listed on ebay.
Reddo