EJ EH Car Show.

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
Richard

EJ EH Car Show.

Post by Richard »

Joshua and I were up early this morning, we both piled into the panelvan and headed off to our local markets where we picked up a few antique'e things. We then headed off to Kiama to have a look at the EJ EH car club car show that was being held at Black Beach. The weather was fantastic and there as a good turn up of cars, even though a few too many doof doof cars and wannabees in there V8 GT Falcons burning up the road outside the car show. :roll: :roll:
JH 1.JPG
JH 2.JPG
JH 3.JPG
JH 4.JPG
JH 5.JPG
JH 6.JPG
JH 7.JPG
JH 8.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: EJ EH Car Show.

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.

A lot of nice old Holdens there. A lot of work gone into that coupe.... something different, Rear end reminds me of the 60s Healeys etc....dunno about HD tail lights though.... maybe something a bit more rounded /humpy shape would look better??... may be not ???...

I really dont get the loud late model car doof doof scene....Most good cars simply stand out in a crowd without having to have music blurting out of them to be noticed !!
Perhaps its part of some sort of "Mating ritual" like Lyrebirds and Bowerbirds... make a lot of noise and parade around in circles to attract the females :lol:

Was there any Vintage vans at the show??? I guess not , otherwise you would have caught them with your camera.

Thanks for sharing 8-)
Reddo
Richard

Re: EJ EH Car Show.

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
The FJ coupe was actually built by Lance Simmers in the 1960's ? and has since been "refurbished". The car has its own facebook page under Holden FJ Draggin Coupe and its interesting to see how the car has evolved over the years, and to be finally pretty neglected before the new owner restored it.

I suppose each to their own, the guys with the doof doof cars probably think the same thing about us weirdos with our vintage caravans. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and no vintage caravans, although I was surprised that Sandra wasnt there.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.