5 Star Caravan Park.

A Photo History of old Family Caravanning photos or just old photos of caravans.
Richard

5 Star Caravan Park.

Post by Richard »

How is this early 1950's photo of a very swish caravan park somewhere. :shock: :shock:
I am just glad the caravan parks are just a little better now.

What caravan brands can you see? I went for the two easiest and spotted two Carapark All Steel Superbs.
Caravan Park 50s.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: 5 Star Caravan Park.

Post by griffin »

That is a pretty dismal scene that would have put me off caravanning. Is it snow or sand?

Here's another one, Dee Why caravan park in the 50s, it just looks like a couple of vacant suburban blocks which were opposite the surf club according to the text.
Dee Why caravan park -c.jpg
Someone sent me the copy from a book, they were seeking clarification on the identity of the vehicles which is given as Austin roadsters, but they are both Vauxhall Caleches. The only van I can identify is a Jennison on the far right, but it would be nice to crank up the Tardis and go back for a walk around.

And, another, this time Horseshoe Bay at South West Rocks, c1965. This photo was on display in the local historical display and was a little more civilised. A Carapark to the left is the only van I can pick, but I'm rather taken with the utility in the foreground.
Horseshoe Bay c1965-c.jpg
George
reddo

Re: 5 Star Caravan Park.

Post by reddo »

Hi
That first photo looks like a 5 star van park at somewhere like.......... ootnadatta.
Yep.. would be great to take a trip back just for one day and do a stroll around the van parks aye.... 8-)
Great shots and thanks for sharing.
Reddo