Aberdeen Big Boys Toys Car show- 6th September

reddo

Aberdeen Big Boys Toys Car show- 6th September

Post by reddo »

I All
I spent most of Friday cleaning the EH Panno and fiddling around with the Teardrop in rediness for the Annual "Aberdeen Big Boys Toys Show".... unfortunately it flogged down rain Friday night and I awoke to hear rain on the roof.
A quick text message to "Strugglebrook John and Pam" and they assured me everything was ok up my valley.... that's Hunter valley.
So.. I set off under threatening skies and made it to singleton before copping a light shower.... followed by being overtaken by 2 dirty , thilthy, grubby coal trucks which top dressed both the car ad the panno with wet coal dust and highway grime.. :evil:
Anyway... things cleared up and I made it to Aberdeen in about 1 1/2 hours.. the new Hunter expressway has snipped at least 1/2 hr off the trip up nor west.

Plenty of cars and bikes turned up.. an old speed boat, T model ford C cab, very early Allis Charmers tractor. a Trojan 200 3 wheeled 2 stroke powered car,lotsa local cars I hadn't seen before.
Not a huge show but plenty to see and do.
2 vintage vans in attendance plus me with the replica TD.
John and Pam towed their Supalite Cadet with the morrie 1000..
One of the entrants that went to the recent gathering of vintage vans at Broken Hill with their EH sedan and sunliner turned up from Narrabri..
and yours truly slotted in beside them..

I was handed a bit of paper at some stage of the day.. it was a voting slip... the entrants got to choose either the best car or best bike ... choose I of the 2 and tick the box.
So... with the entries in the barrel we all gathered around to hear what the organisers had to say....
Turns out there was about 8 trophys on offer...Best bike, best stock sedan, best ford , best holden ,Best commercial vehicle, best display .. and peoples choice.

You'll never guess who took out best commercial vehicle..... 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Rumour has it there was a shonky judge that had more than a passing interest in the panelvan in prevous years :roll: :lol:

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Re: Aberdeen Big Boys Toys Car show- 6th September

Post by Strugglebrook »

The Judges Mr Reddo are pillars of society up in those parts. They were impressed by the quality of
the Panel van and special mention was made of the vintage teardrop display. :D :D
Richard

Re: Aberdeen Big Boys Toys Car show- 6th September

Post by Richard »

Good on ya Reddo.
I just love car shows (there should be more of em down this way).
It is always a very pleasant surprise to come home with a trophy, it makes the work of getting the car and van washed, polished and ready for the day a little more sweeter.
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.