Our New Sunliner.

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Richard

Our New Sunliner.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I picked up this little beauty last week. Its a 1965 Sunliner 13' Victory Special in very good original condition, with the only modification being that the Ice box was removed and a small fridge installed.
The caravan was originally one of 4 sunliners that was stored in a warehouse for a few years in Sydney after the factory at Foster closed down. It was then purchased by a caravan hire company in Kiama, who after a short period sold the van in 1970 to a gentleman in Albion Park, who then owned the van for 10 years. It was then purchased in 1980 by Bill, a well known Wollongong businessman who I purchased the van off.
Sunliner 1.jpg
Sunliner 2.jpg
Sunliner 3.jpg
Sunliner 1.JPG
Sunliner 2.JPG
Inside.jpg
This photo was taken by the original owner in 1985 at East Beach caravan park at Kiama, with our caravan on the right. With the FJ and Suliner on the left still in the same ownership.
Bill and Claude 1985.jpg
The Caravan also came with an original unused full annex.
Annex 1.jpg
Annex 2.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: Our New Sunliner.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I decided to take the Sunliner down to Gerringong for the weekend to test it out, we arived around lunch time and the afternoon was spent chatting to people in the park about the van, we eventually ran out of time as I wanted to put the annex up to see how it looked.
We left Gerringong on Sunday morning and went down to Shoalhaven heads for lunch where we inundated with questions again.

Caravan Park at Gerringong.
Gerringong..jpg
Cheers.
Richard.
koala400au

Post by koala400au »

Hi Richard, OK, I,m jealous. Terrific van you have there................ummmmmmmmmmmm I think you have it in the wrong section as it is too perfect looking and shouldn't be 'In the Workshop' LOL. I wouldn't mind a Sunliner but none seem to come my way.

Ken
1969 Franklin Freeway 16
1964 Wayfarer 18
polkadot

Post by polkadot »

Wow that's one nice Sunny you have there Richard & Linda :shock:
In good nick too!
Looks exactly the same as our Sunny. Same year, same headlining, same looking cupboards ect the only difference is ours has 2 single beds.
You have good taste in vans my friend :lol:

Lulu
BONDY

Post by BONDY »

Sure looks a good clean one Richard, and what about that annexe :o - thats about as good a score as the van - well done ;) -- so what are you taking to Berry :roll:
Kingy
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yeah..... :roll: .. I suppose its Ok ;)
Oh all right.. Its very Ok.... For a fibreglass van that is....
Love the reds inside mate..
Mind you it'll never be as good as wood :lol:

Nice Score. ;)
Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Yeah..Yeah.
I know it aint a ply wood van, but since I have the website now I cant be seen as being prejudice to one type of van, I now have to keep everybody happy. :lol: :lol:
It is a very nice van and all that I have had to do was clean it up and Linda made new curtains . This van is a bit more usable, and besides that I can actually stretch out in the bed. So we intend to use this more for our weekends away or when we are going away with Dad and his van .

Cheers.
Richard.

PS. Dont worry Reddo the bondwoods are still out in front.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I now have a YouTube link to a short video of our Sunliner.

Click on the following link to view the video.

Our Sunliner