South West Rocks Combined Vintage Vanners Groups Getogether

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
griffin

Re: South West Rocks Combined Vintage Vanners Groups Getoge

Post by griffin »

One could nearly think I got blown away at SWR as I've pretty much been off the air since then, due to a trip further north and then returning to a computer that was giving me so much grief I bought a new one, and since then I've been coming to grips with Windows 7 :? Why does stuff have to change :?:
But back at SWR things didn't go to plan, our booked spot above the beach and opposite the amenities was having work done on it and we finished up down the dead end away from the crowd.
View at SWR.jpg
The spot had a nice view and I was looking forward to sitting there in the afternoon sun having a drink or two, but that wind would blow a dog off a chain, and I'm one of those who find windy weather particularly irritating :x so that didn't happen.
Overland's rear view-c.jpg
Others had total water view like this from the Overland van.

We met up with friends for coffee and scones, and spent the afternoon at the quaint little cinema to keep out of the wind watching Jersey Boys.
We took in the other sights, a trip to Kemsey, Crescent Head, Gladstone, Hat Head, and around SWR. Barbara took what seems to be her mandatory fall when we are away. this time at Trial Bay Gaol. She copped a fair whack on the back of the head for her trouble, at least she doesn't have brittle bones. Given the next Nationals are planned for Hat Head I found my first and probably only visit there to be disappointing. Hard to imagine it was bustling at anytime.

We were heading off to stay with friends at Gulmarrad after SWR and didn't need the van, and thanks to Reddo for finding somewhere to leave it, but it then turned out a car club associate who is moving to Kempsey let us leave it at his industrial unit.
Of course the weather became much more pleasant after we left SWR which was great, but a real shame it dulled my enjoyment of SWR.

Hopefully next years Xmas in July will find us enjoying more pleasant weather, as it was in Forster last year, and maybe somewhere with a fire pit and camp kitchen where we could all have a big friendly cook up.

George
bigkel

Re: South West Rocks Combined Vintage Vanners Groups Getoge

Post by bigkel »

Re your camera blurrr , i thought that my tunnel vision was coming back , that reminds me i think i need new batteries for my torch .

cheers kel.