Reddos "MK111" Teardrop - Homebuild

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
reddo

Re: Reddos "MK111" Teardrop - Homebuild

Post by reddo »

So..
like the song said..
When i woke up this morning
You where on my mind.....

O I got troubles .. wo wo

However.. not for long.
Asked meself.. "Self.. do ya really wanna be messin' with old rusty bits of pooptrailers??.. well do ya..?

"
Nooooooooooooo.. right.. I did think so did you self... Nooooooooo.
So.. self took a few measurements on the Td . piled into the panelvan and shoyt up to the metal shop..
Got a stack of 50x50x3mm galv box section cut to size. Loaded up the van and got home about one oclock.
Threw it on the floor and set about fizzing it all together with the old faithful Transarc 100amp stick welder I bought back in 1978 on layby at Woolies Jesmond..( 1st wifes wedding anniversary present.. and she left me :roll: .. but hey.. i'm cheering .. I got to keep my welder 8-) )

Havent lost my touch over the years.. all the welds look like something a budgerigar would leave in the bottom of its cage after about a week.. :lol:
Even managed to get the chassis 10 mm out of square over 2 metres .. :oops:

Anywho.. its all good Brudders..

Had it dang near beat by 3.30..beero'clock with the son Luke.. its his 28th birthday .. bewdy mate someone to drink with besides the flys in the shed of invention.. and they are few and far between in winter.. :roll:
Just gotta go and finish it off nextmorra day..
then start chasing sprooooings.. etc.

OHS Officer just checked me over.. minor cuts to fingers and welding flash to eyes.. all in all a good day in the office..
More soon.. I promise..

Reddo
donricardo

Post by donricardo »

G'day Reddo,

Great to see you've started another project. :) :) :)

I'm sure there's lots of people who will enjoy the ride, as usual - and we always learn something from you, even if it's not to do it that way...to avoid burns, cuts and bruises! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don Ricardo
humpyboy

Post by humpyboy »

Was wundering why ya didn't do the fizzing thing yourself, figured you didn't have a burns first aid kit next to the cuts and bruises one but seems like ya do :lol: don't mind if I hangs about for the build do ya?
If you get an email telling you that you can catch Swine Flu from tins of ham then delete it, it's Spam.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Oh No! Reddo, You better check with the purists and see if this behaviour is allowable.
I would not want you to come on a run and not be accepted because you have not got an original van.
Ive seen this happen before at Munmorah and was I disgusted. Dave
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Humpyboy..
Good to see you.....well... good to see you messaging here anyway.
I don't weld as good as I screw..... :roll: ....but good enough to hold things together on the road.

Hi Dave
Replica builds.. not so much a matter of not being accepted on the runs etc... more a case of look over my shoulder while I am fiddling... and.. if you learn something ( either how to or how not to) well then.. I have achieved something and you will walk away a little wiser for the experience..be it good.. or bad

Bonus ....you aren't the one losing blood and taking bark off. 8-)

Wait a minute the past 3 posts have all been from people sitting back waiting for me to carve myself up... Bloody Goulds.thats all ya's are... Buzzards waiting to pick my carcass when I smash myself a knock out blow. !!!

Cheers
Reddo
jennison

Post by jennison »

I have thought of the perfect resto job for you Reddo....you need to find and get hold of the WW2 jennison ambulance caravan, then you can lay down and get repaired on the job without any downtime :lol:
jenno
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hiya Jennison..

A Jennison Ambulance Caravan???... waaaaayyyyy cooool. 8-)
You find one.. and I will restore it
Hmmm ... would tie in nicely with that Blitz truck I have the hots for ;)
Jeff and Jude are urging me to pursue that 21ft big bondy down in Vic if the Blitz comes home.

Can you post a picture of the Jennison Ambo van here for us to check out???

Reddo
Col

Post by Col »

Hi Reddo, you might want to take the Blitz for a bit of a drive before you lay down the cash.....they are a bit of hard work to drive, and not all that comfy either......or fast. They do look tough though..... 8-) ....if you do get it,you'll need that copy of "you were on my mind" by Wee Five....( I got troubles,etc)..... :lol:...lemme know,I'll post it up to you.... :lol:
reddo

Post by reddo »

All Good Col..
Been n looked n listened n learned a bit from old mate with the Blitz. will bung a few more pix and info on that thread ( General discussion) later

Bought a sliding trailer yesterday for 100 skins...too good to pull apart so will sit it aside for TD MK1V.

Had a look at a complete springs/axle/hub/guards assembly for the TD today.. Spotted it on Gumtree ....suppose to be all galvanised...
Poor bugger didn't know the difference between galvo and silverfrost... :twisted:
So... I ended up at the local "Felk" trailer yard .. bought two slipper spring plates that would normal go under a boat trailer. will buy 3 leaf slipper springs . already have axle /hubs u bolts etc.

Slowly .. slowly the do do builds his TD. 8-)
humpyboy

Post by humpyboy »

Geeeeez Reddo, your as bad as me, see something and buy it :lol: good pick up by the way ;)
If you get an email telling you that you can catch Swine Flu from tins of ham then delete it, it's Spam.