Reddos "MK111" Teardrop - Homebuild

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
reddo

Re: Reddos "MK111" Teardrop - Homebuild

Post by reddo »

iluvans wrote:Not too shabby ......for an old fella :roll: ;) :D
I am offended by that comment.. :evil:
Its suppose to read...
"Not too bad... for a shabby old fella" :lol:

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Okay Kiddies...
Todays adventures are bought to you by the letter "J"
and we all know what "J" stands for don't we ..
Yes that's right little Johnie ... its for J mould...
and J mould is GOOD.. when it does what ya want it tp do..

But...its naughty when ya turn your back on it.

So... with that in mind I didn't turn my back on it and had another day of 3 steps forward and NO steps back.... 8-)

The bloke that built the original timber shell had set a trap for me.. things aren't quite square along the sides .. so.. had to be mindful of wonks and wobbles... more about wonks and wobbles when we have a "W " day. :D

Anyway.. here is the end results of an injury free day on the J mould...
Ya gotta be alert... the world needs more Lerts.

That's it for today....
I am avoiding the doorways.. haven't quite figured how to roll the alloy around those arched tops and bottoms of the openings yet. :oops: :roll: :idea:

Oh yeah.. I almost forgot to remind you... this TD .. as you know... is available for sale at any stage of the build... it just gets dearer as I spend more bucks on it...

So... don't be bashfull.. I am open to offers,,,, :?: ,,,,.. naa... didn't think so... why would you buy it now and drag it home and bleed and bark yourself finishing it off, when ya can sit back and watch me loose precious litres of claret all over the shed floor and buy it when its finished.. :lol:

Goodnight Irene
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi
Here is a handy ebay seller if you are looking for mudguards etc for your TD restoration or .... egad.. even for a replica.. ;) ... hot rod.. street car.. drag car...rat rod.......chopper...
Oh .. and maybe even a..... Vintage caravan!!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Rod-Guar ... 35d5ea8899

Regards
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

Oh great honorable builder of Teardrops, have you thought about a little eyebrow above the doors and staining the doors like the middle ?
Only an opinion of your humble man servant. :D :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Howdy servant...
Yes the doors will have j mould eyebrows. Too laste to consider stained doors as I have already cut them out and given them 2 coats of white primer... or course that doesn't stop me buying another sheet of ply and making new doors...aaaaaaaggggggggaaaaiiiiiiinnnnnn.
Having a day of rest today... Son is moving out of home ..will lend a hand to make sure he doesn't double back.. and then wifey and I will be on the swill celebrating this arvo......

Off to Wallsend to collect a 1943 BSA M@1 with sidecar on sunday.. something else to love and hug in the shed.

Reddo
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Gday Reddo. If you can roll J mould around the outer edges maybe do the same around the door openings. Even the doors.Nice neat finish too. gordo
reddo

Post by reddo »

DC3TD wrote:Gday Reddo. If you can roll J mould around the outer edges maybe do the same around the door openings. Even the doors.Nice neat finish too. gordo
Hiya Gordo..
Your wish is my command..!
or is that... Great minds think alike..!!
or is that ...Simple minds never differ..!!!

Anyway.. had a go at the "extended eyebrows" and came up with this..made out of J mould - 1.4mm thick

By doing this the door opening "shrunk" by around 2.5mm on all sides

So.. had to cut the door down by 2.5mm all round to fit the 'ole... :idea: . however. Had to give consideration to the piano hinge on the right hand side of the door.. :idea: . it took up a further 2mm ...
which . :idea: ...when fitted meant that the centre of the top arch was moved out of centre in the opening . :idea: . which meant....changing the apex of the door 2mm to the left.. :idea: which meant.....
Oh ... I give up. ... :lol:

Anyway.. at the end of the day I managed to get it right and bunged/ liquid nailed an aluminium skin on the door and clamped it up to dry overnight. Sorry humble male servant no shiney stained door now :roll: :cry:

"Its all good brothers"

Reddo
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Gday Reddo. Well dont that look the goods. gordo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

As always oh great builder of Teardrops the project is looking better and better. The sheeted doors will stand out with the wrap around molds.

Regards humble Man Servant. :D :D :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi all

TD is gathering dust down the shed..
Its springtime.. and we all know what that means... a womans thoughts turn to house renovations...
And .. Trish has been bitten by the bedroom makeover bug.
Our youngest son Joel has just moved into his own house with his girlfriend and this has meant that his old room is now empty.
The poor bugger grew up with a light pink ceiling and pink poker dot wall paper.... ( scarred for life)... his mum and dad didn't get time to do anything with the room before we moved in back in the 90s.

So.. I have spent the passed 4 days hanging off a wallpaper stripper, scraping, filling divets in the gyprock , sanding , undercoating and painting the room out.
End result .. a clean and tidy room . and...it has left me with no desire to work on anything that doesn't involve spanners and grease.

So... gunna fit a few new tyres on the motorbikes and then chase up the bloke that has been building the engine for my panelvan for the past 4 months.... emerse myself in grease and oil .

Trish has already started making grumbling noises about painting the 6 metre X 4 Metre lounge room ... at least in hasn't got pink poker dot wallpaper to contend with..... :?

Must escape to shed !!! 8-) ;)

Reddo