Fulchers Caravans Bondwood at Camden

griffin

Fulchers Caravans Bondwood at Camden

Post by griffin »

Fulchers Caravans have been located in Camden for a few years and have had this bondwood on display in their window.
Fulchers Caravan - Camden.JPG
I drove past the other day and noticed it was missing, but tonight I went past as a passenger and saw that the lights are on but no one is home, the place is empty apart from one caravan. Have they moved again or gone belly up?? Will the bondwood come on the market? One of their other old display vans was sold off with the move to Camden.

George
Richard

Re: Fulchers Caravans Bondwood at Camden

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
I understand that Fulchers has been struggling for a few years after the death of a family member. So maybe it is finally the end of a very famous Sydney caravan icon. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Fulchers Caravans Bondwood at Camden

Post by griffin »

Oddly, after all this time since the initial post I'd not heard anything further about Fulchers or their old van. Last weekend though I bumped into an old work colleague who used to live just around the corner and had his caravan at Fluchers for a repair on the fridge when it closed. He wasn't best pleased when I mentioned the place because it turned out it was liquidated.

Why he wasn't pleased was because the liquidators cleared the place out in the dead of night using a fleet of trucks to remove everything, including his van, tradesmen and apprentices tools and vehicles, all the stock and anything that could be taken.

A simple note was left on the fence advising people to contact the liquidators and upon doing that he was given a date when his van would go to auction and that was it.

In due course he contacted Fair Trading who directed him to their web site for a claim form for however provides the insurance for such businesses. He completed that and made the claim and in two weeks had a cheque for the amount claimed, no questions, no correspondence, Q.E.D!!

He and I, and I'm sure most people are staggered to think your property can be removed and sold in such circumstances. How does someone buying that van get it registered I wonder? There's no paperwork from the owner. I dare say it's all covered by the 'liquidators act of bastardry' somewhere that gives them the power to do as they please.

I've heard of such things on ACA but never had any dealings with anyone affected. He went to the Police initially, but it was considered a 'civil matter' out of their hands, although since then (received his payment) he has given a statement as they seem to be looking into possible illegal activities by the liquidators. He's heard nothing further.

Something to think about though if you have your pride and joy in somewhere and the business is not going so well.

As for the old bondwood, who knows, it just doesn't seem to have surfaced anywhere.

George