Shellharbour getogether - October

reddo

Shellharbour getogether - October

Post by reddo »

Hi All
A vintage caravan get together is being organised for the period 22nd October to 29th October at Shellharbour caravan park.
Those of us that use to go to Coledale Camping Reserve around this time each year are aware of the lack of powered sites ... there was only 4 and these sites more or less had a mortgage on them by some of the long term vintage van group attendees.
Made it difficult to ring early and get a powered site. So 90% of us done it tough on unpowered sites .. sometimes a long way from the amenities.
With our old mate Norm the caretaker moving off site and the council taking over, things will be even more restricted and any group activities in the park would be difficult to organize withy the council

It is for all the reasons above that Geoff and Jude ( vintage caravan club members) have taken steps to find a similar venue that would suit a vintage caravan group weekend.. or longer if you wish 8-) .

Geoff and Jude has been working with the caretakers at Shellharbour and has booked a block of powered sites.
She has asked that people interested in coming along during that period ( or part thereof) 22/10 to 29/10 to please contact her ASAP at ..jubbard@optusnet.com.au .
Should be a great weekend. I look forward to seeing other OTP forum members and catching up with a few old mates I haven't seen since Coledale died off.

Regards
Reddo
Col

Re: Shellharbour getogether - October

Post by Col »

Hi Reddo, we are all booked in, see you in Oct.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi "Oldcol" ;)
That's great news mate.. no dirt forest trails on this trip. :lol:
As I said before.. it will be great catching up with a few of "our Touring Past "mates again.
Always good to sit back and reminisce about the great times we have had on the old caravan tours and the great places we have visited aye... ;) 8-)
Great times.. Great mates.. Great vans... and the freedom to roam

We sure do live in the lucky country... :D

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi Everybody
Just giving this event a bit of a "Bump".
The weather is warming up and we are heading into caravanning season.. storms.. downpours.. mini cyclones.... :lol: ...
Nooooooooooooooo.......
Just brilliant sunshine and long sunny barmy days spent relaxing by the seaside...Geez I better stop.. I am starting to sound like a Holiday brochure :roll:

Shellharbour getogether isn't that far off now . Anyone that has been considering going, should get a wriggle on and contact Jude ...jubbard@optusnet.com.au . and let her know that you are keen on coming along. She will steer you in the right direction and help get your booking organized...
Hurry.. hurry... hurry

Plenty of spring cleaning going on around and in the old vans. looking forward to catching up the owners and checking out the resto work / upgrades done on their vans during the cooler months...
Would be great to see a few new faces coming along as well......... sweet
See you all soon
Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

This will be a great event for you all to admire the Reddotel Matilda sway bar.
It dices, splices and slices and with a few cold ones sitting in beautiful Shellharbour
the list is sure to grow.
Very much looking forward to another great muster of beautiful vans and happy smiley faces.
reddo

Post by reddo »

"It dices, splices and slices " :lol:

Thanks Strugglebrook. 8-)
Don't forget to pack and extra kilo for me of whatever it is you are on, and I will pay you when you get there :D
Perhaps we could have "Oddities corner"...sorta like a sideshow of the weird and wanderfull. My sway bar and your Jack Russell cross Rotweiller !!!!
They will leave the public gobsmacked !!
No... I refuse to be included in Oddities Corner..... :lol: ( just thought I would beat you to the comment :P )

Reddo
Strugglebrook

Post by Strugglebrook »

In shellharbour it will be the bulk 4xxxxx, sitting alongside you with my guard dog Rattcliffe.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
reddo

Post by reddo »

[quote][/quote]
Well.. well.. well... He we are just over a week out from Shellharbour.. and.... you guessed it.. a Bloody great east coast low is menacing the south coast of NSW right the way up to Forster.
Yep.. yep.... tis vintage caravanning season. ;)
As we speak I have my brother doing a sign that says "welcome to Coledale ( red cross through Coledale) .. Shellharbour.. Rainfall capital of Australia during the month of October"....

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh.. ya think we would learn that late spring is the most unstable weather period of the entire year on the south coast of NSW :cry:
But... Noooooooooooooooooooo... like mutton Birds on their annual migration we head off to Soggyville each year to congregate .. drink beer... talk vans and generally have a good time....
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm.. wait a minute... that sounds like fun :lol:

Bloody bewdy mate
See yas there.. rain hail or ... dare I say.... Shine :roll: 8-) :lol: :D

Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hope there isnt so much of the rain over the weekend and even less of the hail. :shock: :shock:
Now Reddo this is the sunny illawarra, its actually fine for 362 days of the year and only rains for 3 days when Jeff and Jude organise a weekend away. :lol: :lol:
Cheers.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

Illawarra..... they have obviously mispronounced the name..
"Illweather"... home of the "East Coast Low"
Famous town for inventing the Dyke ,bilge pumps and wetland reserves ( see caravan parks).

Reddo