lane cove vintage van weekend

reddo

lane cove vintage van weekend

Post by reddo »

Hi
Just had a great vintage van weekend at Lane Cove Tourist Park which is situated near Rude in Sydney.
A great bushland setting with very modern and clean ammenties buildings.
Lots of walking trails and close handy to rail and bus services if you want to go into Sydney for a day out without the hassle of taking the car.
Beautiful day on the Saturday, so I took a 3K bush track stroll along the lane cove river edge. Lots of parrots etc,
The scrub turkeys visit the camp site every arvo for a hand out during happy hour... magpies, grey miner birds, currawongs, eastern rosellas, butcher birds... all in for a feed
Night time had the possums invading our camps . one attacked me ... bit my finger while feeding the little bugger and he wouldn't let go until I "drowned" him with my beer.. That's the thanks you get when you share your biscuits with them.
2 new and 2 older airstreams came in on Friday arvo for the weekend., The 2 modern vans are owned by the Australian dealership at Batemans bay.. very friendly people and fielded a lot of questions asked by us and others in the park.
They had an "Open house " inspection on Saturday arvo so we took the opportunity to take a look around. The new ones are a nice fitout . One of the old vans is now converted as a catering van.. the new owners opened up and shouted us all an ice cream on a stick with Turkish delight inside it.. all dipped in hot ice... a frozen lollypop. very nice and a welcome treat.

Light rain sunday morning .. left Lane cove at 8,30am headed south to Turlinjah . Got there at 3.00pm and bought a motorbike which I fitted in the Teardrop . Headed home via Nelligen, Braidwood, Goulburn. stopped at Pheasants nest8.30pm.... had a snooze in the back of the panelvan till midnight.... then drove home to Barnsley arrived... 3.00am.

Cheers for now
Reddo
Richard

Re: lane cove vintage van weekend

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
Thanks for posting the photos, and it looks as though you all had a great weekend.
Joshua and I were coming but with the ups and downs of a two year old, Joshua was sick on Thursday so we had a change of plans.
Richard
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: lane cove vintage van weekend

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.
Yup.. Little Billy Lids can come down with an ailment at the drop of a hat.
Not to worry mate.
There is an opportunity to go vintage vanning coming up in late October down shellharbour way.
Close handy to home for you 8-)
Will let you know when I hear more about it ;)

Cheers for now
Reddo