Aquavan

griffin

Aquavan

Post by griffin »

While out near Kogarah last weekend I passed a caravan yard with this little beauty which took my eye, an Aquavan. I thought this type of stuff had gone the way of the Dodo years ago, but it seems not. By no means a vintage item but I would dare say quite a collectable in years to come. I've always liked quirky things and this really took my fancy, and I think if I were the type to take on a big trip around Aus in a modern van then something like this would be my choice, or an Ecovan, another that takes my fancy.

The place was shut so I went to the web site so prominently displayed on the side only to find it is inactive or mothballed or whatever term they use for it. A bit more searching and I found an article written about one which indicated the price new was $102,000 and it seems they were made in Melbourne. It also happens to weigh in at 2.2 tonne with the trailer which might account for the dual jockey wheels. There was one for sale on Gumtree for $64,000 and while it seems like the best of both worlds I guess there would be limitations as to where you could get it afloat.
Aquavan - front.JPG
Aquavan - rear.JPG
Pontoons on the Olympic and a small outboard would be a much cheaper option to satisfy my quirkiness.

George
reddo

Re: Aquavan

Post by reddo »

Hi Goerge
You may know "Humpty2"
They had a similar set up... woke up one night on the Myall Lakes .. water up to the bed.
Apparently a hose on the toilet connection / sea valve had come adrift.
Quick repairs and a lot of pumping saved the day. :lol:
Reddo