Our Jennison Pathfinder 17'.

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Richard

Our Jennison Pathfinder 17'.

Post by Richard »

Most of the people that follow the vintage caravan scene would probable know by now that we are the new owners of a 17' Jennison Pathfinder caravan built around 1960.

A photo of the van that Jeff emailed me.
Jen A.jpg
Anyway Linda Joshua and I headed off to Canberra last weekend to pick it up. We left Corrimal about 12 on Saturday and headed over via a stop at Goulburn to let Joshua have a run around in the park, and we got to Canberra at about 330 that afternoon.

Trying to amuse Joshua in the car.
Josh.JPG
The further we got to Canberra, the colder it got so after dropping Linda and Joshua off at the cabin I headed back a few kilometres to meet Jeff. I just needed to have a look at the van to make sure all was OK and nothing special was needed to tow the Jennison home.

After a VERY cold night of -2 ( were from the coast you know) I again headed back to Jeff's property to collect the Jennison.

At Jeffs property at about 8 am.
Jen 1.JPG
Back at the caravan park at about 10 am. As you can see it didn't clear much that morning till we got back to Goulburn for another play ground stop. :D :D
Jen 2.JPG
Jen 3.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
OlFarts

Re: Our Jennison Pathfinder 17'.

Post by OlFarts »

Well done Richard :)

Dave
graeme

Post by graeme »

She looks good, are you going to post pics of inside, and what does she tow like.
Graeme
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Graeme.
I have 101 photos of the van and a full towing report on the Jones Dolly wheel, just need the time to post it. :D :D :D
Cheers.
OlFarts

Post by OlFarts »

I was about to ask the same question about towing !!

But i'll wait for Richards full report and photo's :)

Dave
Richard

Post by Richard »

As usual I have taken a photo log of the Jennison Pathfinder in the as purchased state.
So here is a start to wet your appetite. :D :D :D
Jen Logo.jpg
Richard

Post by Richard »

I have just had a quick look through the very comprehensive information that we have collected on the caravan makes in the "Library" and I have found a bit of information that will help to date this Jennison caravan.

The 1961 picture below shows a Jennison Pathfinder 14 ft with the identical colour scheme to ours.
Jen 61.jpg
This 1962 picture below shows the front of the new range for that year which now feature a fibreglass moulded roof.
Jen 62.jpg
So we can at least work out that it was built before 1962. :D :D
jennison

Post by jennison »

Great minds think alike Richard!! :D :D ....... after looking at some photos that Franklin One posted on VV.com the other day I replied/posted that it looked like the 17' was almost certainly a 61 model.
jenno
PS the diamond emblem on the rear of the roof in the above photo.....I seem to recall it is missing on yours. If that's the case I have a spare somewhere in the shed. Not sure where but you can have it as soon as I find it. It has the Jennison aborigine with the spear logo on it
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Jeff.
We don't have the diamond logo for the back, but If you happen to find the spare it would sit very nicely on the back of our van. :D :D
Cheers.