2013 CCIASA Vintage Caravan Grand Parade.

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
Richard

2013 CCIASA Vintage Caravan Grand Parade.

Post by Richard »

I have just returned from 4 days away at the South Australian Caravan Show and the Vintage Caravan Grand Parade.
The Vintage Caravan Grand Parade was organised by the South Australian Caravan and Camping Industry Association. ( phew that a mouth full )
I flew down on Thursday and spent the afternoon with the very keen vintage caravan enthusiasts that travelled from interstate as well as a lot of local vintage caravan people that turned up for the weekend as well. It was great to meet so many new people that have a passion for vintage caravans, so without the invitation from the CCIASA I may never have meet these great people, and I would have also not met up with a few "old" faces as well.

Friday was the Vintage Caravan Grand Parade and display day at the Caravan Show. I had fine weather all of the time I was in Adelaide but this day was particularly hot as it reached 37 degrees, and displaying the vans on bitumen didnt make it any cooler. It was a long day as the display didnt end till 6 pm and it was around 6:30 when the dozen or so vans staying on at the park arrived back for a well earned beer or two.

Saturday I was invited to Goolwa for the annual Wooden Boat Festival, so I made a few scheduled stops along the way south. ( I will have more on these soon ) :o :o :D :D and a few unscheduled ones at interesting antique shops etc. It was a shame I could only fit everything in 1 bag on the flight home. :roll: :roll:

Just too wet your appetite, a photo of some of the vans at the Caravan Show display. I took around 200 photos over the 4 days as well as about 60 minutes of Video Footage, and I already have around 20 orders for DVDs.
VCGP 1.JPG
Finally I just wanted to thank the CCIASA, in particular Stuart Livingstone and Shani Oaten and the Guys from Time to Roam magazine as without all these people I would have not been able to go. :D :D

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: 2013 CCIASA Vintage Caravan Grand Parade.

Post by Richard »

To have a look at the original Globe Trotter sign I found while in Adealide click here and have a look at the post dated Monday the 4th March 2013
Richard

Post by Richard »

Here is a small version of the Grand Parade that I have Uploaded to Youtube.

Richard

Post by Richard »

I almost forgot about the vintage caravan I found while lost and driving around Adelaide. :? :?
It is sitting in a front yard with a heap of other stuff and could have easily been missed. I knocked on the door but there was no answer, so I dont really know much about it.

It is a quite imposing caravan, and I would estimate that it was built in the 1940's.
The main feature are the scenes etched on to the glass of the windows. :D :D
Find 1.JPG
Find 2.JPG
Find 3.JPG
Find 4.JPG
Richard

Post by Richard »

Had a bit of a clean up today, and I found the mugs that Shani from the CCIASA had organised for all of the entrants into the Grand Parade.

These will be going straight to the "pool room".
VCGP Mugs.JPG