ABC Collectors Program.

Richard

ABC Collectors Program.

Post by Richard »

Back in late 2007 Linda and I called in to see a friend of ours down the South Coast. It turned out that the Collectors Program was filming a segment on his vast collection of hammers. I got talking to the producer, Andrew, and he mentioned that you can name just about any item and someone will collect it. So how could I resist I told him about my collection of vintage caravans and we eventually left leaving our contact details..

Then in August 2008 I was contacted by one of the researches of the program wanting to see some photos of my collection and if it was what they were after would make a time to come and have a look, and 4 weeks later would be back for the day to film.

It was a lot of work to get 5 of my vans ready, to start with I had to bring 2 in from storage and give them all a clean as well as my ute. It turned out that they were that excited about filming the caravans that they would need to film over 2 days to cover it properly.
The 5 caravans set up for filming.
The 5 caravans set up for filming.
All in all it was a bit of a nerve racking day ( never been on TV before ) but Linda and I had the pleasure of meeting three of the nicest blokes who were very helpful and came up with some great ideas.

So the nervous wait is nearly over, the segment is going to air on the Collectors program on the 27th of February at 8 oclock. NOTE Program Changed to the 6th March
The Film crew with Linda and I.
The Film crew with Linda and I.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: ABC Collectors Program.

Post by reddo »

:shock:
Hi Richard.
That is truely a great story.
Pleased to see that the collectors show has taken such great interest in your vans ... or should i say "Our hobby". I will make sure i have a front row seat in the loungeroom on February 27th at 8.00pm ABC

Never mind about the first time on TV "Jitters" I am sure you and Linda will do all vintage caravanners in Australia proud ;) ;) ;)

Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Just an update on the Collectors program.
Due to a Victorial Fire Special last Friday night, the caravan segment will now be aired on Friday the 6th of March at 8 pm.

Cheers.
Richard.
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Onya Richard..
Just watched your segment on the Collectors tonight.
Congratulations mate ... Top effort.
You have really helped put vintage vanning on the public map.

Top show old chap.

Reddo
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Hi Richard. Great segment.Wish it was longer so as to see a bit more of your restos. At least it gives folk who wouldn`t normally be aware, that there is a quiet (sometimes i`m told) following of vintage caravanning going on. cheers gordon
bluetangjo

Post by bluetangjo »

Hi Richard,

Loved the segment, although I agree with Gordon, could have been longer.....muuuuuch longer.

I got as many as I could friends & relos to watch so as to get some inkling of why I'm so nuts about vintage vans, especially Properts. Dunno if it will work, they thought I was nuts before the VVs :lol:

I dont suppose anyone has a recording of it that they would, for a small fee, make available so I can watch that Propert open & close, over...& over.........& over... :shock: :shock: :shock:

By the way, you look much younger on TV than you do on the forum :lol: :lol: :roll:

Jo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Thanks for all the kind words.
I was very pleased with the way it came out, thanks to some creative editing Iam sure. The ABC collectors program isnt in the business of promoting websites so ourtouringpast.com didnt get a mention but I did get to sneak in a website logo for about 3 seconds and just from that I had about 18 enquiries about the website today alone, so thats got to be good.

For those that didnt get to see it the following link should show the clip

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/collectors/seg ... 509799.htm

Cheers.
Richard
MarkT

Post by MarkT »

well spoken Richard ......very smooth, .....and informative ;)

are you able to have your script in sight, or do you speak from memory ....judging by the lack of 'ahhhhs & ummms' ....I'm thinkin' you're reading from a script :?:

Mark