Coledale 2012

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
Richard

Coledale 2012

Post by Richard »

The weather leading up to Coledale this year was very poor and to top things off the weather bureau had warnings for lots of rain, damaging winds and high surf for the Friday, which is traditionally the day most people arrive. So I suppose you cant blame most people for staying away. I must admitt that I if I lived more than 15 minutes away I probably wouldnt have gone as well.

I arrived on Friday during work and had a chat and cupper with Geoff and Jude and Colin and Sue in the pouring down rain.
We then returned on a sunny Saturday with our Sunliner in tow.

We have had a very busy couple of weeks with our vintage caravans, firstly we went ot Tathra, then to Coledale for Saturday. Finally we had to return to Coledale on Tuesday, :D :D :D :D but more on that later on. :o :o
Coledale 1.JPG
Coledale 2.JPG
Coldale 3.JPG
Coledale 4.JPG
Coldale 5.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
mrfj55

Re: Coledale 2012

Post by mrfj55 »

YOU GOT IT IN ONE OLD MATE .
AFTER EIGHT YEARS AT COLEDALE ,THAT FRIDAY WAS THE WORST I HAVE SEEN .

WE MADE THE BOLD MOVE TO "UP-STUMPS" THAT MORNING AFTER GETTING HAMMERED ALLREADY FOR A COUPLE OF NIGHTS .

THE DECISION WAS MADE CLEAR WHEN I RETURN FROM THE AMENITIES BLOCK AND FOUND THE THREE KIDS HUDDLED IN THE CAR AND KATE PICKING UP THE PIECES OF OUR FLATTENED TENT/ANNEX/CAMPSITE/DREAMS OF A GOOD WEEKEND .

ANYWAY ................ TRY AGAIN NEXT YEAR.

HOPEFULLY THE CHANGE IN DATES TO THE LAST WEEKEND IN OCTOBER MIGHT BE THE TONIC WE ARE LOOKING FOR !

CHEERS, 8-) MAURIE 8-)

p.s HEY RICHIE RICH , WHATS THIS ABOUT GOING BACK TO COLEDALE ON THE TUESDAY ALL ABOUT . WHAT ARE YOU UP TO NOW ???