Wagga Wagga Swap Meet.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Wagga Wagga Swap Meet.

Post by Richard »

Last weekend Linda, Joshua and I headed off to Wagga for Joshuas very first swap meet. This is always a great little swap meet, and we always end up catching up with old friends that we have meet over the years. Unfortunately this year we didnt find much for our FX FJ collection, but we did pick up a few items for the museum.

Cheers.
Richard.

Joshua scanning up ahead for bargains while his mum has a chat.
Wagga Wagga 2.JPG
General view of the swap meet.
Wagga Wagga 1.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Wagga Wagga Swap Meet.

Post by reddo »

Hiya Richard and fsamily.

Some of those littl country swap meets can be quite interesting. You never know what the farmers are going to drag in to town .
Sometimes old pop had passed away and the relos simply want some shed space ... so they bring along the old fellas "treasures"that he has been hoarding for years.
Then... on the other hand you can travel for miles to attend the swap and more than 50% of it is worth less than the struff that gets thrown down the local garbage tip face every day.

I guess its just "the thrill of the chase"or the thought that ya might just be in the right place at the right time and get some of old pops goodies 8-)

Not sure if i am going to make it to AHD Sydney swap this year. will definitely find time to head up to cessnock swap the second weekend in August.
Regards
Reddo
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
Linda and I just love going to swap meets, as specially the country ones. As you mentioned you may get the farmer that has just cleaned out a shed. And another special thing is meeting some of the locals and catching up with friends.
Ill post a couple of the unusual things we found there soon.

Cheers.
Richard.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Well another year has gone and I returned from the 2013 Wagga Wagga swap meet yesterday.
This year was a boys weekend away as I went with my brother Malcolm. We met up with a few friends that car and vintage caravan related and as usual its always great to catch up.
As usual we came home with a fair bit of stuff, some of which I will be offering for sale in the Wanted and Unwanted section when I get around to taking the photos, so keep an eye out.

Cheers.
Richard.
Richard

Post by Richard »

As promised here are a few photos of the stuff we found at the Wagga Wagga swap meet, some of which I will be listing for sale in the wanted and unwanted section of the forum.

Very rare FX FJ Holden horn button.
Swap 1.JPG
FX Holden jack.
Swap 2.JPG
NOS Hella style tail light.
Swap 3.JPG
Used Hella tail lights.
Swap 4.JPG
What every vintage caravan needs, a box of fake ceramic fruit.
Swap 5.JPG
Very small pump that would suit a pre 1940's caravan as a water pump.
Swap 6.JPG
While wandering the swap I found this small mud guard.
Swap 7.JPG
And you would believe what I later found that just happened to be missing a mud guard. :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
Swap 8.JPG
A bunch of old wooden annex poles.
Swap 9.JPG
An old lamp wired with a 240v globe. 8-) 8-)
Swap 10.JPG
A pair of NOS alloy hub caps that would suit a Sunliner or something similar of that era.
Swap 11.JPG
griffin

Post by griffin »

Certainly looks like you had a fruitful outing Richard, hope you had a big enough trailer to bring it all home :!:

George