Cowra 2012

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
Richard

Cowra 2012

Post by Richard »

Dad and I have just returned from the caravan nationals at Cowra. We had a great five days there, well I did anyway as day was ill for the first 3 days.
As usual it was great to catch up with some old friends and I met so many people some I have known from the forum and others I have never met before.
Anyway I am trying to get back into work, so I will post a bit of a selection of photos I have taken over the 5 days, which I will try and do soon. :D :D

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Re: Cowra 2012

Post by Richard »

Craig from the Cowra Caravan Park and the Cowra council did an excellant job of organising the events for Sunday which included a car show as well as markets. So here are a few photos that I did take last Sunday which was the display day and it was surprising to see how many locals turned up to have a look at the caravans.
They are in no particular order, as most of the photos I have are on video which I am in the middle of editing at the moment, so keep an eye out for it here as it will be worth the wait. :D :D
Carapark 3.JPG
This home built caravan looked like every other home built caravan from the outside, but was VERY nice inside.
Home Built 1.JPG
Home Built 2.JPG
Home Built 3.JPG
Home Built 4.JPG
Home Built 5.JPG
Expandavan
Expanda.JPG
Very nice Don 140 with all its contents.
Don 1.JPG
Don 2.JPG
Don 3.JPG
Don 4.JPG
A very nice restoration on this Globe caravan, nice choice of tow car as well. :D :D
Globe Trotter.JPG
I had a bit of explaining to do when Linda found this photo of a young lady coming out of my van. :oops: :oops:
Carapark 2.JPG
Vans.JPG
Car show on the oval for the local car clubs etc.
Car Show 1.JPG
Car show in the street outside the caravan park for entrents to the national that brought their old cars.
Car Show 2.JPG
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Cowra 2012

Post by griffin »

Cowra was our first Nationals and we had a great time, it's surprising when I go through the photos how many vans and cars I didn't get, but as the numbers got bigger it was often hard to get a good photo, but I've added a few here that took my fancy one way or another. It was nice to catch up and put a few faces to forum names, not that I'm likely to remember as time goes by. With all the vans going and coming from Cowra it was surprising that we only encountered one on the road, on the way home near Yass. I thought I might sit behind and enjoy the view for a while but it turns out that an FC with a bondwood travels far slower than a not so well Velox with a Debonair so it soon disappeared in the rear view mirror.
There was lots to keep us amused, trips to Canowindra, Forbes and Parkes plus a bit of tripping about locally, our first visit to Wyangla Dam, which was a really fun drive, and another visit to the Cowra Fun Museums, a good place to take the wife to show her you really have no collection of anything :!:
That was a 'Superb' mannequin in the doorway of your van Richard, so lifelike, I certainly never found anything near as exciting, unless you count our 2m tall giraffe garden ornament we dragged back from Canowindra.
As good a time as it was Barbara put the dampeners on the trip a few days after getting home when she had a minor stroke and spent a few days in hospital. Thankfully all seems to be well and she has fully recovered and looking forward to the next trip.
1 - Aerolite - Jeff & Jude.JPG
This is the first time I've seen an Aerolite, a very interesting van and only new to the owners.
2-TC7737 and teardrop.JPG
Our old MG TC made it from Muswellbrook with a tear drop in tow.
3-TD 2000 & teardrop.JPG
This replica MG TD would have made the towing a lot easier.
4-Vagabond & Clipper- Leigh Whitfield.JPG
What more can I say, Vauxhall Vagabond and Clipper.
5 -Murrumba Star.JPG
My dad always wanted a Murrumba Star, this was the first I'd seen in the flesh and I quite liked the layout, looks a bit like an escape pod from the USS Enterprise, "Beam me up Scottie."
6-.JPG
I didn't get to talk to the people with this one, I really like the style, just need one about 2/3 the size, great looking van.
7- pair of Debonairs.JPG
Olympics must have been a close second to Sunliners in popularity, but there were only two Debonairs, ours on the left with a slightly older one on the right.
8-Roadhaven.JPG
There were a couple of Roadhavens, I've quite taken a liking to them.
9-Marvin.JPG
"Marvin" has had a good polish since the last time I saw him and would have been a grand sight on the road.
10 - Homebuilt.JPG
This van made an appearance on Friday morning and caused a bit of a stir among the natives, an unusual style with no window on either side and quite small.
10-old hearthrob.JPG
Maybe too much excitement in the presence of the 'King' for Barbara.

Cheers

George