Bondwood in Inspector Morse in Australia

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
griffin

Bondwood in Inspector Morse in Australia

Post by griffin »

I don't know how many other v/vanners are tragics for British police shows but I'm certainly one and with just about everything in that line being re-run on 7Two these days I have a busy time catching up.

Recently episodes of 'Heartbeat', 'Pie in the Sky', 'Inspector Morse' and 'Born and Bred' have all featured old caravans, mostly those great fiberglass gypsy vans with the big external chrome flashes and mirrored interiors, I love them, would love to find one someday :D

The last screening of Inspector Morse was his 'downunder' episode which I don't recall ever seeing before (made in 1991) so I recorded it and watched it one wet morning this week :) Not one of his better episodes but some nice scenery. No gypsy van either but towards the end an old bondwood :o is the scene of a suicide in an old quarry so I had to take a photo of the relevant bits to add here for posterity. Who knows, someone may have the old Inspector Morse Bondwood laid up in their shed waiting to restore it ;) More than likely it finished up as a bon fire being a time before the vintage van movement gained momentum :cry:
Morse in Aus bondwood night.JPG
The initial scene was at night as the van was approached.
The door was opened and the deceased fell out on the ground but at least there was a chance for a bit of a close up view and some interior. The blood splatter on the door is just tomato sauce I'm sure :shock:
Morse in Aus Bondwood-close.JPG
Then their was another daylight view from the other side, anyone hazard a guess as to a brand :?:
Morse in Aus bondwood- daylight.JPG
Pretty tragic I know, not the story, just my interest :? :?

George