Skyline "Glass is Class"

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
skyline14

Skyline "Glass is Class"

Post by skyline14 »

Hi ,just found this site & it seems to be alright ,We own a 14 ft Skyline glass van originally sold by Korong ,a Bendigo company so I have been told.
Our usual tow car is our 1963 Dodge Polara convertible,we also have a 1959 Chrysler Royal & just to be different a 1978 HZ Statesman.
The van was bought from a local family ,so we are the second owners,it needs a little bit of glass repair on the front right lower edge & a repaint,I have just retiled the floor & are going to repaint the inside & retrim the seats, as the original owners redid the whole thing in a somewhat foolish attempt to modernise it for resale so out with the totally out of theme upholstery & satin paint in bland shades of beige & in with gloss white with pink & grey cupboards colour matched to our full Nally Ware bakelite canisters & accessories.
Steve
Attachments
1963 Polara & Skyline at Martys Garage in Porepunkah.
1963 Polara & Skyline at Martys Garage in Porepunkah.
griffin

Re: Skyline "Glass is Class"

Post by griffin »

Great looking outfit, look forward to seeing more of it, maybe in colour?

George
Richard

Re: Skyline "Glass is Class"

Post by Richard »

Hi Steve.
Welcome to the ourtouringpast.com website, and I am glad you like the website. :D :D
Just love the Polara and Skyline, they make a great combination. Do you have any interior photos of your van ?
I havnt quite worked out the connection with Kennedy and Skyline yet but Korong Caravans seems to have been a dealer in Bendigo that sold caravans from other manufactures under their own name.
Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.