2011 Caravan & Camping Show - Rosehill

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
griffin

2011 Caravan & Camping Show - Rosehill

Post by griffin »

I spent a day having a look about the Caravan & Camping Show the other day but really found nothing to excite me enough to even take a photo, which is something for anyone who knows me ;)

Not much time was spent looking at modern caravans but from what I did see I'm really stunned by the amount of stuff people are prepared to carry for a holiday :shock: Do you really need a big Harley and several velour recliners in the back of the Winnebago :?: Just not my scene, everything that opens and shuts and more.

Two items did catch my attention late in the day as I was heading out, the A'van Weekender, a modern rendition of the teardrop. From what I could see though it doesn't seem to have any cooking facility but it had a price tag of about $11,000 :o

The other item was the Bolwell Edge caravan. The Bolwell name immediately struck a chord as a very smart Australian produced sports car from the 60s and upon enquiry it is the same company, again in car production (cost is around $250,000) but also now caravans (cost around $60,000 - and you can't tow the van with the car :?) as well as fiberglass components for Kenworth trucks. The link to the web site shows the new version of the car and at the bottom a further link to the van. The van looks like a shuttle Captain James T. Kirk would launch from the Enterprise :P

I rather like it and think it's really out there like a Murrumba Star was all those years ago, I wonder if a Bolwell will be on the Vintage Vanners list of collectibles in 40 years :?: :lol:

Live Long and Prosper V

George :lol: :lol: