Cowra Easter 2011

This is the place to post a story and photos of your recent getaway in your Historic caravan.
Richard

Cowra Easter 2011

Post by Richard »

Welcome to a new forum that I have added so that you can post photos and a story of your recent trip in your Historic caravan, because everyone loves photos. :D :D

So to start here is a trip to Cowra that Linda and I have just got back from. We originally wanted to go to Bathurst for the weekend, but some cranky old vintage bikers had booked the park out for the week. :x :D :D
We then decided to visit my sister in Cowra and stay in our own private caravan park.

The photo below is the Sunliner parked in my sisters "back yard".
Sunliner.JPG
All of the country side around Cowra is lush and green so on Saturday afternoon we went to the Japanese gardens which is a lovely garden and a credit to Cowra.

One of the many photos I took at the garden.
Garden.JPG
It so happened that there was a gathering of around 200 Austin cars at Forbes for the Easter weekend, so on Sunday we went to have a look at their display day in the oval at Forbes, but it wouldnt be a trip to Forbes without a look at the Mcfeeters Motor Museum.
Mcfeaters 1.JPG
Mcfeaters 2.JPG
Mcfeaters 3.JPG
Mcfeaters  4.JPG
Mcfeaters 5.JPG
More to follow.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
DC3TD

Re: Cowra Easter 2011

Post by DC3TD »

Real nice spot to visit Richard.Lot greener than when i was last there a few years ago when i had some land 15 mins down the road @ Greenethorpe off Kangarooby Rd behind the Shamrock pub.Handy to know for people coming who might not neccessarily be towing a ` van as they have/had b&b.cheers
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard

Love the idea of the 'Getaway' section, look forward to seeing some interesting posts on it over time. I will add one shortly on our latest adventure to Bathurst and Goulburn, via Cowra as it turned out due to some 'issues'. Cowra was looking great, nicer than the 'dust bowl' when I was there a couple of years back, I didn't check out the venue for the Nationals next year, couldn't remember which park they were using :oops:

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

Gordon.
Yes it is very green, I usually visit around Christmas time and the grass is just about dead by then.

George.
Glad you like the new forum.

To continue, after the museum we then headed for the oval for a look around the 200 or so Austin cars and lunch.
Austin 1.JPG
Austin 2.JPG
This would have to be the most photographed car at the show.
Austin 3.JPG
Austin 4.JPG
Austin 5.JPG
Still More to come.
Richard

Post by Richard »

More photos of Les and Sandys little Austin motorhome.
Austin 6.JPG
Austin 7.JPG
Austin 8.JPG
Austin 9.JPG
I didnt get to meet the owners of this Austin and nicely restored ply van.
Austin 10.JPG
Austin 11.JPG
Austin 12.JPG
Austin 13.JPG
Austin 14.JPG
Austin 15.JPG