Happy Easter.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Happy Easter.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I would just like to wish everybody a Happy Easter break.
Also Easter Monday is the Anzac Rememberance Day, where Linda and I will be attending our local dawn service to remember those that fought, I may even have a beer or two for the old diggers. :D
If you are travelling on the roads over this break drive safely.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
DC3TD

Re: Happy Easter.

Post by DC3TD »

Hello Richard. Great sentiments & likewise to you & yours.cheers
griffin

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard

Certainly a time to reflect on many issues depending on your beliefs.

The chocolates have been great, I personally try and stay off the road as much as I can on long weekends, I saw first hand for 28 years the maniacs that get out there.

In no way detracting from ANZAC Day but I wonder if you have been having a drink for the Diggers early? Dawn service on Tuesday could be a fairly quiet affair, Monday would be better.

To put the numbers of dead and injured in perspective the attached illustration from Smith's Weekly in 1919 seems to do it for me, the highlighted area especially significant.
's Weekly May 31, 1919-c.jpg
Lest We Forget

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
Thanks for the correction. Thats what happens when you are trying to pack the van and type messages on the forum at the same time. Just goes to show I cant do two things at once. :shock: :shock:
Linda and I did get away and we were at the Cowra Dawn Service, where there was a very good turn up and the march down the main street was great as well.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.