Flxible Clipper

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
Richard

Flxible Clipper

Post by Richard »

Linda and I had to drive about 1/2 an hour North today to pick up an ebay purchase :D :D and we drove home via Bald hill for an ice cream. I dont know what its like where you are but it has been very hot and humid here, so an ice cream brought a little bit of relief. Any way while we were there we came across this Flxible Clipper motor home that has a modified combi in tow, which matches the bus. How cool !!!
Clipper 1.jpg
Clipper 2.jpg
Clipper 3.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
griffin

Re: Flxible Clipper

Post by griffin »

I paid my brother a visit on the weekend and he dragged out some photos from a truck show he had attended in Melbourne a couple of years ago. Among them was this custom built van, a Flxible, built by someone who owned the real thing too.
What a great piece of work, you have to love it when someone is that dedicated to their interest.
It might take a bit to get used to towing with those quad headlights filling the rear view mirror all the time though ;)
Flxible front.jpg
Flxible front.jpg (62.23 KiB) Viewed 557 times
Flxible rear.jpg
Flxible rear.jpg (60.85 KiB) Viewed 557 times
George
Richard

Re: Flxible Clipper

Post by Richard »

Hi George.
The Flxible Clipper caravan is veeeerrrryyyy nice isnt it. My brother Malcolm was in Victoria earlier this year and he rang me to say he had found this caravan that looked like the back of a bus, and it was for sale. So he went in to have a chat to the owner, He builds hot rods for a living and made a one off of this van. He was building un updated version and the one in the photo was for sale at $80 000.00 or $90 000.00, I just cant remember exactly how much, but I will need to save a little bit longer. :D :D
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.