Carapark - Northern Rd, Luddenham

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
griffin

Carapark - Northern Rd, Luddenham

Post by griffin »

The day after we picked up our van last December we travelled the Northern Road to Londonderry for an outing. We have travelled the road quite often but suddenly I was aware of several old caravans :o (that have been there all the time) I just hadn't noticed. One was a Carapark in a Christmas Tree Farm, used as a sales office it appeared. It was only a couple of weeks before Christmas and there was no sign of activity so I just took a photo and thought maybe 2010 will see it in action.
Tree farm Carapark Dec 2009-c.JPG
The van hasn’t moved during the last twelve months and last weekend we went to Londonderry again and the tree farm was operating but there was a ‘newer’ aluminium van where the Carapark had been :shock: I stopped for a new photo and saw the Carapark had been turned around and was further down the paddock :) I had a quick talk to the lass and she told me they had decided to ‘upgrade’ the office but the Carapark would be back in business probably next year on the other side of the house where a new lot of trees would be cut in future.
Tree farm Carapark Dec 2010-c.JPG
Tree farm caravan Dec 2010-c.JPG
I don’t know the age or brand of the new ‘office’, it had no stickers or badges on it and they couldn’t tell me. Rather oddly a few days later I was at Menangle Park (without my camera :cry: ) and there was a similar van :roll: on the side of the road near the trotting track, also unbranded. Any suggestions :?:

George