Olympic Contessa(?) in daily use.

General discussion about the topic of historic caravans.
griffin

Olympic Contessa(?) in daily use.

Post by griffin »

Hi all
Decided to be a nice bloke :) and took the grandkids to the local show at Camden on the weekend so I was surprised :o when walking around 'side show alley' to find the back side of an Olympic van presenting itself from the resident's compound :shock: A closer look and it had a Contessa logo on one side but there was no one around to talk to about it and my 'walkabout' found a large unfriendly looking mongrel dog chained to it :x The colour scheme or light blue on the bottom half with the aluminium strip painted pink was something different :!: I took a couple of quick photos and got back to the grandkids.
Olympic Contessa Camden Show 20-3-10e.JPG
Looking at the photos now though it doesn't seem to be any bigger or different to our my Debonair apart from a towel rack on the back instead of handles, but then I'm no expert. I also notice it has wheel arch cut outs :? maybe added at some stage for easier access and an offside window has been changed to a large single pane type :? Now I wish I hadn't let the dog put me off and I'd had a better look:oops:
Olympic Contessa side - Camden Show 20-3-10c.JPG
It was Queensland registered and nice to see one still used daily by the carnival folk :!: hard life I reckon though, even with the luxury of an Olympic van :P
Olympic Contessa badge - Camden Show 20-3-10ee.JPG
George