We are ....New Members..... G'day!

A History of Caravan Manufacturers in Australia.
LightCraftFan

We are ....New Members..... G'day!

Post by LightCraftFan »

:roll: G'day Everyone, We are new members who have just purchased a 1969, 16' LIGHTCRAFT CARAVAN IN EXCELLENT CONDITION TO TOW BEHIND OUR 1956 & 1973 ROVER SEDANS. I believe that Lightcraft vans were manufactured in Brisbane [where we picked up our van] and that the company is now long defunct, however I cannot find any more info online. My google search led me to this page, so I asking for help in researching the background of Vanessa [we have to name all our cars etc! Why, because we're strange, but you have to be to love old vehicles, don't you?].
I will post photo's soon.
cheers & happy Roving!
griffin

Re: We are ....New Members..... G'day!

Post by griffin »

Welcome LiteCraftFan :)
Good to see some more best of British tow vehicles on the site, keep my Vauxhalls company. Look forward to photos of your van, if it's half as flash as the 24 footer in the Library section it will be a beaut ;)
Richard may have more info on your van but I think he is away playing caravans at present :mrgreen:
Don't suppose you have a spare Rover V8 motor I could install in my Vauxhall Velox :?: after it's recent caravanning debut I think it could use some more horses :roll:

George
LightCraftFan

Re: We are ....New Members..... G'day!

Post by LightCraftFan »

G'day George,
I don't have anything against Aussie cars, it's just that , like you, I appreciate QUALITY. [That'll draw fire, from some unfortunate Holden & Falcon fans?]. :oops:
The Rover P6 V8 has a mass of lazy torque and I look forward to having it back on the road. I am towing with my 4 cylinder Camry at present, and it's NOT quite the same!
No, I'm afraid that our van lacks the RITZ of the site's interiors, it's a tad more humble, but it suits us just fine.
cheers Bruce & Jacqui
:lol: :lol: :lol: