Enoch Taylor 1930s travelling display room.

A Photo History of any caravan related items from camping gear to toys.
griffin

Enoch Taylor 1930s travelling display room.

Post by griffin »

Hi Richard

As a collector of all sorts of stuff a like minded friend recently showed me an item from his postcard collection knowing of my interest in cars and vans. The postcard was given away by Enoch Taylor Pty Ltd, apparently in the 1930s. They are one of Australia's oldest footwear manufacturers, having operated since 1851 and are famous in particluar for their T Boots. It seems they have recently changed hands and are now owned by an Indian interest, still with premises at Whetherill Park in Sydney.
Back to the postcard, it shows the interior of their travelling display room and an external view of the whole arrangement and it would make a great Christmas present if someone out there tells me it still exists. :)
I've don't know what the tow vehicle is or who may have made the display van but I do know I'd like to find it in a shed somewhere :!: :D
I have contacted the company to see if they had any further details and while the new owners are aware it existed (only because there is a photo of it in the board room) they couldn't tell me anything and certainly didn't let on if they still have it out the back :!: :( I'll call in one day and see if it is the same photo as the postcard.
I am aware that these types of vans were used in America from a book on American vans I saw a while back but have not seen one in Aus. before.
Enoch Taylor travelling display van 1.jpg
This is the external view which is actually the lower portion of the postcard.
Enoch Taylor travelling display van 2.jpg
The interior of the display room, the door is on the left.

George