1964 Sunliner .

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Richard

1964 Sunliner .

Post by Richard »

Linda and I have been going to our local market every Sunday for the past 10 years and it was only last weekend that Linda pointed out a Sunliner sitting in the back yard of a house that backed on to the showground. We must have had our heads down looking for bargains at the markets and have never noticed the van before.
So this week I made a visit to the house, only to find that they didnt own the van but was storing it for a gentlemen that used to live next door, but he has now gone. :( :( After several phone calls and a visit to a mobile home village at Figtree the owner was tracked down. :D :D
Clive, now 80 had owned the van from new and last used it in 2005 for a fishing trip down the South Coast. The van had been used by Clive and his wife and have made many trips in the van with the longest trip being from Wollongong to Ayres Rock, Darwin then down the Birdsville Track, with the tow car for that trip was their EH Holden.
I have taken a few photos of the van sitting it hiding position. It is a 1964 Sunliner Victory Special with a standard double bed layout inside.
Sunliner 1.jpg
Sunliner 2.jpg
Sunliner 3.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.