Propert Folding Caravan for Sale.

For Sale and Wanted of Historic Caravans or Early Holden Items.
Richard

Propert Folding Caravan for Sale.

Post by Richard »

I have found this propert for sale, so be quick as I dont think it will last long.

Propert For Sale
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
my1951van

Re: Propert Folding Caravan for Sale.

Post by my1951van »

Hi Richard

I am happy to say we are the buyers of the Propert.

The photo didnt come up on the ad but I hit the buy it button. So I bought it sight unseen.

I figured I had to take the chance of what it was like

Here are some photos and Im glad I took the risk
Regards
myvan

Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi myvan.
You have done very well.
I didnt think this would last very long on ebay, it was described as in very good condition and they were 100% correct.
Congradulations on the purchase and when you find out what the serial No is Ill add it to the official Propert register.

Cheers.
Richard.
my1951van

Post by my1951van »

Hi Richard

I was very happy when I saw the photos and I thought it was worth the risk. Whatever happened I was going to honour the sale. I had no idea what I was getting

The father is ill so I didnt want to hassle him but found out it has 1959 on the rego papers and rego starts with TU.

They have owned it for about 35 years and bought it from someone in the local Newcastle area.

They had the canvas annex made.

I was told the plate was not on the caravan when they bought it but also told it was removed years ago.

The father looked after the van and always garaged it so thats important.

I notice you had a replica plate done. Where did you get that made?

Regards
myvan
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi myvan.
I wouldnt worry too much about the Id plate, it is definately a Propert, and the only information that is on the plate is the serial No.
If you can email me all of the photos you have I will try and give you a rough date for the van. (I can tell you quickly that it is a pre 1966 model )
I had kind of the same problem with mine, as the original owner took it off to paint the van and then found that the plate was ideal
for holding his shed door open. I do have the plate but it is very scuffed and scratched.
I used a piece of 2mm stainless steel plate, dont use aluminium as the paint wont stick, and had a signwriter paint it for me,
if you like I can email some photos of an id plate and can give you the dimentions as well.

Cheers.
Richard.
my1951van

Post by my1951van »

Hi Richard
Yes I have now realised the main thing is the van has been kept in good condition.

We are driving down there next week end to pick it up and these are the only photos we have.

Re the plate etc we will have a good look to see if anything is written on the drawbar. Then will prob get a plate for when we show it.

Regards
myvan