Shannons winter wander - Newcastle

reddo

Shannons winter wander - Newcastle

Post by reddo »

Yo...
For those that arent going to Gosford Swap meet this sunday ...
Shannons are holding thier annual winter wander Sunday 21st June .

Meet from 7.00am to 9.00am at Glendale Super centre Lake Road Glendale ( Near Lake Macquarie) ..The travel out through Freemans water holes, Paxton , Cessnock and on to Hunter heritage Gardens.
Last year 400 cars... expecting more this year... weather might put a few off.
I look like going. Just bought a stock FB sedan. Look for a pale blue and white FB with 14" dragways towing a crappy old replica Teardrop caravan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reddo.
Richard

Re: Shannons winter wander - Newcastle

Post by Richard »

Hey Reddo.
Heard about this run from last year, and was reported as a great day. Linda and I will probably head to the Gosford swap, so we hope the day stays fine for everybody.

Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Post by reddo »

:D
Hiya Richard....
You would not find a more avid swapmeeter than me.
I have not missed a Gosford swap in 10 years......
Come to think of it..... i dont think i have missed ANY swapmeets in 10 years :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard a lot about last years Shannons cruise ... over 600 cars and it was drizzling rain.... :shock: and thought i will take a day off swapmeets and do the run.
Had the bro down home today doing a bit of sign writing on the Old.....rejuveinated..... replica TD ;) .
The FB Holden sedan i bought last week has polished up nice and i figure i need to get out and show the masses what vintage caravaning .... in particular... our touring past....( even tho the TD is a replica made form old bits) is all about. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have packed the camera and prayed for fine weather.
Will post some happy snaps tomorrow night.
Good luck at the swapmeet

Reddo :ugeek:

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Yo..
A big day at Pokolbin.. as predicted about 600 cars.
I took along my TD and an old FB i have just bought of the previous owner "Joyce " near Wingham NSW..

Bro had done some signwriting onm it on saturday and i was pleased to see that it had dried out by sunday morning so we could tow it along for the day..

We originally christened the TD .. "The splinter Hilton" ..

the plan was to have a name change when we repainted the van after selling it ... and then buying it back when the new owner lost interest..

But after much deliberation .. we stuck with the name....

Just done a bit of a revamp ... and added this to the back...
Its a phrase i read in an American Book about Vintage Caravaning ( what they call "trailer homes") back in the 30s to the 50s in america.

Had a great day out .. fire engines . old tipper trucks, hearses and just about every breed of car club yopu could think of. 8-) 8-) 8-)

The host club had the job of choosing the top 15 displays / cars on the day... i was stoked when the FB and the Td where awarded a cerificate and asked to bring the van and car down to an official area with the other 14 chosen cars.
From that they picked the top 3. We didnt rate a mention in the three but .. we didnt expect to be either. There was some beautiful restos on display.
I got a big kick out of telling everyone about "Our Touring Past "... ( sticker on front window of TD).
The public really do apprecuiate seeing our old vans out on display..'''''' almost as much as we do using them.
The old FB 138 motor is a little tired and she struggled a bit on the big hills.

Hope she holds together for the trip to Katoomba next weekend... :oops: :oops:
Here is a few pixs of the cars at Shannons Winter Wander..

Cheers from.......
Reddo the trophy hunter... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: