FJ Panel van in local Trader - Newcastle

Interesting information and photos of the legendary FX and FJ Holdens.
reddo

FJ Panel van in local Trader - Newcastle

Post by reddo »

8-)
Hi All
Just got back from checking out a FJ panelvan ( with windows) for sale ( offers) here in Newcastle.
In the local trader ...
"Holden FJ Panel Van . Partly restored. unreg, best offer
Tel: o2 49489642"

Body is under primer with all rust removed properly ... from what i can see. Guards , doors , bonnet are hanging on van and fit pretty tidy even before adjustment.
Has HR front end bolted in. HR diff housing . No diff centre. Car is a roller on mag wheels. Bottom tailgate needs a skin ( old one picked off). excellent spare wheel door, missing front bumper. All other chrome there for the car.. good to very good.
Has hadfield chassis kit supplied not fitted.
Most of the interior trim there . no headlining supplied. seat average.
Fuel tank in place and in good condition. All glass available
I questioned the seller.. all offers over $10,000 considered.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
This is a very good body with excellent rust free panels and would make a great start for a resto or modified FJ Van.
A touch out of my league $$$$ and rebuild skills.
His daughter owns the car and is selling to raise deposit for a house.. ( where have i read that scenario before :roll: ;) )
They have had a stack of enquiries but no firm offers...
If you are interested .. ring them and ask a lot of questions.. there is not much more i can add here.
Good luck. :D
Reddo
reddo

Re: FJ Panel van in local Trader - Newcastle

Post by reddo »

:D :D :D
Well its been a while since i mentioned this panelvan here on thje forum.
I was over that way today checking out a sunliner van . I called passed the owners house and the panelvan was still there, so i knocked on the door and spoke with the owner.
Seems that his daughter may have lowered her sights a bit on ythe price .

I made her father an offer... ;) .. well i couoldnt just leave it there could i... :?: :?: :?:
He is going to run my offer passed his daughter tonight. I hope to have an amswer tomorrow sometime.... It would be a nice birthday present.
Oh yeah.. The sunliner is a 1964 model with all interior work done except putting a hem on the curtains.
Everything underneath has been sanded . chassis etc is in very good condition . new wheels and tyres. new gas bottle etc. Unregistered . Just needs external sand down and painting.

Open to offers??
Not sure what to do about this one :roll:
Perhaps i shoul;d get the panelvan home before i break the news to the missus about a pending purchase of another caravan... isnt 3 1/2 enough??

Reddo