Jennison Caravans.

A History of Caravan Manufacturers in Australia.
Richard

Re: Jennison Caravans.

Post by Richard »

A couple of photos showing some of the ingenious ways that Jonn Jennison overcome problems and features that made Jennison Caravans the Aristocrat of caravans.

The extremely large roof hatch on forum member Jennisons Pathfinder. Jennison Caravans were advertised as having the largest roof hatch of all caravans, with the power lead plug socket in the back right of the hatch.
Jennison Roof Hatch.jpg

Again, forum member Jennisons caravan showing the unusual drop axle that John Jennison designed and had a firm in Sydney make for him, to overcome the problem of headroom.
Jennison Axle.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
Richard

Post by Richard »

A 1958 article on the new Jennison model 17.
Jennison 17.jpg
griffin

Post by griffin »

1938 Jennison Road Cruiser

I found these two advertisements at the Mitchell Library in Sydney in a publication called Australian Caravan Magazine & Log Manual for 1938. The editorial indicated it was the 4th issue as I recall but the library only has the one issue which is a real shame.
jennison - 1938 ACM.jpg
A PM from 'Jennison' told me he wasn’t previously aware of a Jennison van with a lantern roof so I guess there is still plenty of history to find out there. Unfortunately examples of the ‘real thing’ may longer exist though. Really nice looking van I think.
Jennison 1938 - ACM-.jpg
The second advert is for Masonite Presdwood featuring the Jennison van which is panelled with the material.

George
Richard

Post by Richard »

A 1956 ad for Jennison and also news from Mr Pym.
Jennison 56.jpg
Richard

Post by Richard »

1951 Jennison ad.
Jennison 51.jpg
Richard

Post by Richard »

1952 Jennison ad.
Jennison 52.jpg
jennison

Post by jennison »

The 1951 and 1952 advert photos were taken in 1948 featuring my mum, uncle and aunts. I have the original photos but had not seen them in add form/layout. Nice find Richard. :) :D
regards
jennison
griffin

Post by griffin »

This small advert is from Motor Manual, July 1963 and gives a list of the sizes with respective prices.
Jennison MM July 1963.jpg
George
Richard

Post by Richard »

1947 article on the Jennison Pathfinder which shows the specifications and the pricing of the 10, 12, 14 and 16 foot models.
Jennison 47.jpg
griffin

Post by griffin »

This photograph was part of an article in the Australian Monthly Motor Manual for November, 1952 titled "Recollections of a Twelve Months Round Australia Caravan Cruise."
The first paragraph read "Mr. R G. bell of Auburn, N.S.W., has just completed a 24,000 mile 12 month tour of the Commonwealth with a 1947 Ford and a 16ft. Jennison Pathfinder during which he visited every State. We reprint some candid comments from his personal diary. Mr. Bell here recounts some pithy impressions of some of the various places visited:-"

The remaining couple of pages of text was just that, one sentence impressions of many of the towns visited.

It looks like rough going in the photo and we wonder why more vans haven't survived.
Jennison AMMM Nov 1952.jpg
George