Easter at Glen Innes.

Photos and Information on Members Caravans. This a great place to introduce yourself.
Richard

Easter at Glen Innes.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I have just spent Easter at Glen Innes, we drove up with our Sunliner in tow as we had to visit Linda's Grandmothers Sister, but we also had an invitation to visit Johns Collection of historic caravans about an hours drive from Glen Innes. Unfortunantly John doesnt want his collection displayed on the internet but he does have a Don caravan from the 1930's another from the early 50's and a Cadet, he also has a 1954 Propert and a Gypsy 12. All of his caravans are in exceptionally good original condition, altho the Propert will need some work.

We stayed the 4 nights at Glen Innes in the Fossicker Caravan Park, which is an easy walk to town and the owners will make you feel very welcome.
Fossicker..jpg
Up near Glen Innes we came across this little Murrumba Star that was for sale.
Murumba Star.JPG
And while at Glen Innes we came across this little teardrop, altho we couldnt find the owners.
Tear Drop.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
jennison

Re: Easter at Glen Innes.

Post by jennison »

Crikey Richard, I hope you have told Cobber abvout the 1930s Don - he'll be beside himself if you don't!! It might be the one he's looking for!! regards jeff
reddo

Re: Easter at Glen Innes.

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard

Your story makes me wander just how many other old vans are still stored away in collections somewhere.
Does my eyes decieve me....... :roll: ... the teardrop doesnt appear to have a left side door???

Looks to be very similar to a sportsman ??

Reddo