Easter.

The place to talk about anything not relating to Historic Caravans or Holdens.
Richard

Easter.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I would like to wish everyone a very happy Easter and for those lucky enough to get their van out of mothballs and go away for 4 days we wish you a safe journey.

Richard and Linda.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: Easter.

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard and Linda.

I didn manage to make it to Tomakin for the TD gathering over Easter ... But by Good Friday i was going through Vintage vanning withdrawals..
So.. I packed the TD and headed off up the Paterson Valley to a little town called "East Gresford". They have a great little camping area down behind the showground on the edge of the williams river... complete with u - beaut swimming hole with rope swing attached to large tree on the far bank.
My eldest son Luke, his partner Sarah and my grand daughter Hannah had travelled up on Thursday arvo and saved a good spot before the rest of the campers ( about 20 vans) arrived.
I got up there about mid arvo and it took about 2 minutes to set up my TD.. No annexe for an overnight set up.
I had loaded the back of the chev with firewood and by nightfall we had a roaring fire going.
A great BQQ and night under the stars ,Plenty of beers with some great neighbours.
Got to bed about midnight.
Woke up with a hangover about 7.00am saturday.
Packed up to head home after a good brekky.
The main street was blocked off for the local Billy cart derby.
Will have to remember to pack the "Reddo secret weapon cart" next year 8-)
Got home in time to catch the 11.00am news. Apparently there was a really bad car crash about 1/2hr after i came through Vacy.
5 people taken to hospital.. 12 months old baby, 5 year old, 8 year old and a couple both aged 27.....

People just wont learn to slow down on country roads. The accident happened about 1/2k north of a "40KPH " speed limit sign as you come into the town from the north.

Anyway.. enough of the bad stuff. Would like to suggest this little camping area for a "Our touring past members " getogether at some stage.
Its about 1 hour North of my place .. so anyone coming up from down south would be welcome to camp in my back yard on the friday night before heading off the Gresford on satuday morning..

Just a thought??
Hope everyone had a great time over easter no matter what they got up to. Shame my break away was so short.
Reddo
Richard

Re: Easter.

Post by Richard »

Hi Reddo.
Glad you got to satisfy your vintage caravan urges over Easter.
Sounds like a great place for a weekend away, just name the date and we will make it official.

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.