NSW State Caravan Rally , Berry.

Richard

NSW State Caravan Rally , Berry.

Post by Richard »

Linda and I have just returned from the NSW State Caravan clubs Rally that was held at Berry this year, we were officially invited by the Shoalhaven Caravan Club, which were this years organising club. We arrived on Friday with 13 other vintage caravans turning up over the day and about 200 modern vans. The Shoalhaven Caravan Club treated us all like royalty with a BBQ on Friday night and thanks to Mal for being the stand in chef, over the course of the weekend, morning and afternoon tea were supplied all you had to bring was a cup and plate.
The rally was very well organised with an official opening ceremony on Saturday and the official closing ceremony on Sunday where all the members of the ourtouringpast.com forum where thanked for attending the rally.
So thanks to everyone that made it a great weekend and again thanks to the Shoalhaven Caravan Club for inviting us to their rally.
Berry 2009 1.jpg
Berry 2009 2.jpg
Berry 2009 3.jpg
Berry 2009 4.jpg
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.
reddo

Re: NSW State Caravan Rally , Berry.

Post by reddo »

Hi Richard.
I would have to agree that this weekend was a great event and it provided us vintage vanners an opportunity to catch up with each other once again and check out each others vans and towcars.
The reaction from the attending caravan club members was truely staggering. As well as A constant procession of the public keen to check in and around our vans.. and a lot of storys about "How simple caravanning use to be".... comments like "Thats all you really need , isnt it dear ( from the males)" ... and replies like "I cant do without the microwave, toilet and shower in our Coromal 24 footer ( from the ladies)".

Unfortunately the NSW Caravan Rally is hosted by a different Caravan Club each year so we may not see this event back in the Shoalhaven district for sometime. Next year is at Lennox Head. 8-)
Having said that i will be more than happy to travel to other Rallys within NSW if us vintage caravanners are invited again.

I Hope to post some pictures tonight.

"Vintage caravanning is more than a hobby... Its a lifestyle"

Reddo
reddo

Post by reddo »

Hi All

I wont post some of my photos as they are very similar to Richards..
But there is a few worth of showing...
Photo 1.jpg
affectionately known as "Marvin".....
Comes complete with the genuine article..
Photo 2.jpg
None other than Marvin the Martian.

Here was the scene late afternoon on saturday..
Photo 3.jpg
every camper / caravanners nightmare.. sent us all scattering to the dry haven of our vans.

It all cleared later in the evening and the showground floodlights added me in getting some night time vintage vanning shots..
Photo 4.jpg
Richards van and his very nice FJ ute to match.
Photo 5.jpg
ford with go fast stripes and Olympic van
Photo 6.jpg
Geoff and Judes beaut Ford and Roadmaster van
Photo 7.jpg
Malcolms 39 Chev roadster and Bondwood van
Photo 8.jpg
Kingy and Mez ( Mr bondy) own this tidy old EH and immaculately restored Bondwood Supalite van.
Photo 9.jpg
My 92 Chev silverado and 9'3" Bondwood called "Rosie"
"Dave" and his partner brought along this very original sunliner.

I apologise to those that i didnt take a happy snap of . Each and every one of these vans are a real credit to their owners and we all enjoy showing them off nearly as much as we enjoy using them.

Cheers
Reddo
BONDY

Post by BONDY »

Hi All, Got home today from Berry after staying at Ulladulla last night from what was another enjoyable few days with the many friends we have met over the years - these events allways go too quick :roll: It's always good to catch up with you guys, and also the new vintage van tragics :D
I wont put up any photo's as they are pretty much repeats of the one's shown
Another great event with great people
Kingy
DC3TD

Post by DC3TD »

Hi Reddo.Was looking so forward to Berry but *hit happens. Limited mobility at moment, so even driving the dak dak is basically out of the question.Looks like another op on the leg.Where can i find info on the Marvin van? Certainly is a great looking line-up of vin vans & tow cars. One can just imagine the smiles on your faces as passers-by catch site of you all rolling along.Glad that for the most part you had good weather.cheers gordon
jennison

Post by jennison »

Richard did you get the email from Beryl re the 1952 propert for sale??? regards jeff
Richard

Post by Richard »

Hi Jeff.
Thanks for the heads up, Iam on to it as we speak. Hopefully Ill look at it this afternoon.

Cheers.
Richard.
ourtouringpast.com THE vintage caravan restoration website
and home of The National Caravan Museum.